Faith

It was time for the hearings; the confessing...all the truth was going to be spilled out. Frank's lawyer told him exactly what to expect and she even told him what to say and how to say it. He was terrified; he felt like he was going to be sick to his stomach...his heart was pounding so hard that it was hurting his chest, and he couldn't even properly breathe.

"I understand you're nervous, Mr. Iero, but you need to remain calm and keep your head held high, otherwise the jury will see right through you. Right now, you look incredibly guilty...my job is to make you look like you're innocent, since you claim you've done nothing wrong. You need to make everyone else believe you." Catherine, his brunette haired lawyer with dark brown eyes behind a pair of glasses explained to Frank with a serious and firm tone.

"...I-I'm scared..." Frank mumbled softly under his breath, swallowing his own saliva hard; his throat felt dry, his stomach was churning and he felt like he was about to spew all over himself. But, Frank managed to hold it all in.

"I understand you're scared Mr. Iero, but you need to be strong. You need to have faith." Easier said than done. Frank was quiet again before he turned his head to look at his lawyer, and ask her a serious question.

"...Ms. Hopper..." He referred to her as a miss because he didn't notice a wedding ring on her left ring finger. She turned to look at him, waiting for Frank to say whatever it was he was going to say.

"...do you think I'm innocent...? Or do you think I'm guilty...?"

"Well...to be perfectly honest, it isn't really up to me, Mr. Iero...however, giving you my opinion as a person and not as your lawyer? Yes. I do think you're innocent. I've read about your case and I've checked your background; you're a model citizen, you're a keeper of the peace, and you have no criminal records or any history in violence...whatever mess you got yourself into, I'm sure it's all a big misunderstanding." Somehow, her words soothed Frank...it made him feel a little bit relieved.

"Iero--you've got some visitors." A random cop approached him, telling him. Frank's heart raced as he was escorted, along with his lawyer, over to an area where everyone got visitors; you could see the person visiting you on the other side of the glass--the glass was the only way you could see them.

When Frank immediately saw Gerard with Anthony and Poppy, who immediately smiled over at him while waving their little hands at him and jumping up and down with delight...Frank smiled. He smiled as did Gerard when they looked at each other.

"I'll give you alone time, Mr. Iero, but remember what I said." She placed her down against Frank's shoulder, making him turn back to face her with the corner of his eye.

"If you ever want to see them again--your family, you have to be strong and fight for your freedom." And with those words, she left Frank to be with Gerard and his children--even if it was through glass.
Frank waved his hand at Anthony and Poppy while smiling at them, and Gerard. He sat down in the chair, picked up the phone--as did Gerard, and Frank's smile grew bigger when he heard all their voices.

"Daddy Frank! I missed you!"

"Me too, me too!"

"We missed you so much!!!" It was mostly Anthony and Poppy doing all the talking, but Frank didn't mind, at all. He was happy to see all of them and hear their voices, again.

"You two being good for daddy while I'm away?"

"We promise we are! Daddy misses you like crazy, but we miss you more!"

"When you coming home, daddy Frank...?"

"What happened to your face, daddy Frank...?"

"You got boo-boos..." So many questions being asked at once, and Frank had to think about an answer for each one--eventually Gerard had to stop Anthony and Poppy from drowning Frank with their millions of questions.

"How are you feeling...?" Gerard was finally able to ask Frank a question once their kids were more settled down.

"...I'm terrified for my life, Gee. The hearings will be in a couple of hours...I don't know what'll happen." Frank stared at the different appearance on Gerard; his short and yellow dyed hair was back to black, and he no longer wore his fake glasses...Frank could see Gerard's green eyes, clearly.

"I won't testify against you, Frank."

"I know that...that's why I was worried when I heard you were going to press charges against me..."

"I didn't mean that, Frankie...it was the only way Mikey would take me to see you." Gerard felt his heart sink as he stared at Frank's bruised up face; the cast on his nose, the dark and visible circles under his swollen and black eyes, and the stitches on his bottom lip...Mikey hurt him, so badly.

"You changed your hair..." Frank said to Gee with a small half smile resting for on his face.

"Do you not like it...?" Gerard asked Frank, running his hand through his hair.

"Its been a long, long time since I've seen your hair black...but, I love it. You look beautiful. You always do." Gerard blushed at Frank's compliment.

"Daddy is pretty!" Poppy said as she poked her little finger against Gerard's soft and rosy cheek.

"Yeah! I like your new black hair!" Anthony smiled at him, touching his hair.

"I miss you...God, I miss you."

"I miss you too, Frank...so much...we all miss you." Frank slowly raised his hand up and pressed it against the glass. Gerard proceeded by doing the same thing; slowly raised his hand up and pressed it against the glass, where Frank's hand was resting. They missed each other's touch more than anything.

"I wish I could kiss you..." Gerard spoke so softly into the phone; it was almost a whisper.

"I wish I could kiss you too, Gee..." Their hands were still resting against the glass in the same place, imagining they could feel each other's soft and warm skin...they stared into each other's eyes for a long while without saying a word.

"Come home, daddy Frank..." Anthony broke the silence. Frank felt his eyes sting with tears as he let out a soft chuckle, trying not to cry around his children.

"I'm sorry, Anthony...I can't come home right now."

"Please, daddy Frank...?" Poppy begged him with sad green eyes; she perfected Frank's puppy dog eyes, and it was one of Frank's weaknesses. He let out a soft sniffle as a single tear ran down his cheek, and he quickly wiped it away--forcing another smile for his kids.

"I'm sorry, babies...I can't come home, right now. But, I'll try to come home to all of you, soon...just wait for me, okay...?" Tears spilled down both Anthony's and Poppy's faces. The sight of seeing them all so sad broke Frank's heart...even Gerard looked like he was on the verge of tears, but he had to try and be strong for them. He had to be strong for Frank.

After the visit, Frank was reunited with his lawyer, and she had discussed more about what was going to happen; what to expect; how to answer; and of course, to remain calm and keep a straight face the entire time. After waiting for several more hours, Frank was brought to a cop car--changed into formal wear, and was driven to a courthouse.