Only The Best Survive The Night

I woke up, the sound of birds and the sea it's waves woke me up. Slowly I opened my eyes and took a look around. Everywhere were trees and plants. Around me were a few mountains with birds sitting into their nests staring at me curiously. The bushes and trees didn't look anywhere near the trees I knew. The leaves were dark green and had small pink flowers between them. I got up carefully and felt something near my feet. When I look down I see a young lady laying in the sand right next to me. Carefully I crouch and tapped her shoulder to see if she was alive. I hear her groan and she turned her head and gave me a sleepy face. "Uh.. what?" Was all she said while rubbing the sand out of her face and staring at me. "You're.. uh, you.." was all she said and covered her eyes. "You're naked.." she said softly and I looked down and turned red. "Sorry.." I helped her to get up and tried not to look down. "Hi.." she said Smiling. "I'm Sasha.." she said holding up her hand. "Peter.." I said shaking hands with her. "Do you, maybe know where we are?" Sasha said. "I know just as much as you do." I said shrugging my shoulders. We stared at each other for a moment and sighed. "It can't get a lot worse than this right?" She said. "We are on an island without food or shelter, and.." she stopped a moment a grinned. "And without clothes." I finished her sentence.

Suddenly we felt the ground shake. "Earth squake?" She said surprised. "What did you say again about it couldn't get possibly any worse?" Sasha gave me a grumpy face. "Let's first go find a- " she stopped talking and froze. "The good news is.." she started. "It isn't an earth sqeake." she said tapping me on my shoulder. "The bad news, A T-rex is standing right behind you." I turned around slowly. "T-rexes can't see objects that don't move.." I said softly. Sasha nodded. "The problem is, rexes also have a nose."

I looked behind us and back at the rex that stared at us with it's small eyes

I looked behind us and back at the rex that stared at us with it's small eyes. "Behind us is a cave." I said. "Good." Before I knew it sasha threw a hand of sand in the rex it's eyes and dragged me with her. The sand held up the rex for a moment. Not as long as we hoped it would. Roaring and growling the rex followed us. even more pissed off than it already was. Thankfully we reached the cave before the rex managed to grab one of us. The rex tried to push it's gigantic mouth inside the small cave. The shining sharp teeth that were trying to grab us, crushed the sides of the cave. I and sasha held our breath and waited quietly. After a while the rex gave up and walked away from the cave. Heavy foot steps moved away from us and Sasha nodded softly. When I peeked outside I saw a few Triceratops and a gallimimus enjoying the fresh green grass that grew close to a big lake. Carefully we walked past the Triceratops and got onto our knees to drink some of the water. "It's sweet water." sasha smiled and washed the sand off her face. Inside the lake were swimming some coelacanths eating the small plants that grew at the bottom of the lake. "These fishes pretty cute." sasha said reaching out to pet one. She slipped and fell face first into the water. Loudly laughing I sat on a rock, Sasha filled her hands with some water and started throwing it at me. "Hey! No fair!" I said laughing and grabbed a leave of a nearby bush and used it to throw water at sasha.

Wet and tired we sat next to a small campfire I and sasha made. A small bird like turkey walked past us. It's feathers were almost in any color you could think off. The head of the bird reminded us of a football with a short neck and a small fat body. our stomach reminded us it was time to eat. Sasha grabbed a big stone and sneaked towards the bird. Carefully she lifted the stone and threw it at the bird it's head. With a soft falling sound the bird fell over. "Hungry?" Sasha asked.