14 | home

Yumi~

"I'm really sorry. Something came up in Taiwan, and I really have to get there soon. My private jet is here, so I really have to go... I'll see you soon." Jyunhao kissed my forehead, but I grabbed his arm before he could leave.

"When are you coming back?" I uttered, barely even audible enough for him to hear. Jyunhao just shrugged and look down. "So you're just leaving me here? Alone? What the hell..."

"I really wish I could take you with me, but it's not safe for you to be there. I'll come back soon, I promise-"

"Fine, just leave... but please don't come back."

__________________________

Haruto~

"Haruto, can I stay at your place tonight? I'm alone here, and it's kind of creeping me out... if you don't mind. I'll pay! Don't worry." I heard the desperation in Yumi's voice over the phone.

"Umm... sure. You don't have to pay." I told her, but she insisted to still do so.

I went inside my room, and took out an extra heating blanket and pillows. My mother stood outside, confused as to what I was doing.

"Is anyone coming to visit?" She asked.

"Yeah, Park Yumi-" Oh shoot. Mom doesn't know about my re-connection with her and Jyunhao. "Please don't kill me... but I kind of got a job as their interpreter. She doesn't remember me, and Jyunhao isn't bothering me that much..."

"You hopeless child!" She took off her slippers and started attacking me with it. "How many times have I told you to stay away from them?! You're so in love with that girl, you never listen!"

"It's not a big deal-"

"Don't you remember what Jyunhao's family did? He threatened you- he threatened our whole family! Now here you are, letting them back into our humble life... Watanabe Haruto, it's like I didn't teach you! Gosh, I might faint."

"Sorry... but please be nice to her." I hugged mom, and she finally just gave in. A few moments later, I suddenly heard a knock on the door.

"I'm sorry about the sudden disturbance." Yumi apologized while carrying her big luggage into my house. She's definitely not just staying here for the night... she's just about ready to settle in.

"By the way, my mom's here.... but she's going back to Fukuoka tomorrow." I explained to her and she immediately understood.

"Hello, it's so nice to meet you! Your son is doing great at his job." Yumi bowed down to my mother, as if it's the first time they have met.

"You still look the same..." My mom's jaw dropped in amazement.

"Huh?" She tilted her head.

"Oh, what she meant is... you look the same as your picture on the newspaper. See-" I showed her the ad to distract her.

"Oh! This is so funny." Yumi chuckled.

"Come wait in the living room. I'll make you two some food." My mother offered and we both sat down on the cold floor.

"What happened? Where's Jyunhao?" I asked while pouring her a cup of warm tea.

"He left me..." she let out a huge sigh. "I thought he would stay if I forced him to, but he didn't. I asked him when he would come back, but he just shrugged it off like it's nothing."

"So he left you in Japan, alone?" My blood started to boil. How could he just do that? She's still a girl after all... what if something bad happens to her? "You can stay at my place for a while."

"Really? Thank you so much. I'll clean and do all the chores... I don't want to be such a big burden," she took a sip of tea. "You're honestly my only friend here. Well, do you even consider me as your friend?"

"Yeah, of course..." I looked down at her cold hands and put it in mine to warm it up. "You must have walked a long way."

"Yup, it was quite a long stroll. Very adventurous... and freezing." She giggled.

"Are you and Jyunhao still together? Even after what happened?" I looked at her and she just sighed.

"I don't want to anymore. I'm not gonna just sit here and wait forever... there's so many more guys out there, and it's not like I had strong feelings for him anyways." Yumi suddenly looked at me and smirked.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" I teased her.

"Nothing... I just think you're quite cute. If you're single," she then winked. "I'm free now."

"You're not even sad at all." I messed up her hair and we both just laughed.

"Okay, here you go..." Mom placed down a whole big plate of sushi right in front of us. "Enjoy."

I remember the time when my mom used to make me bring two bento boxes to school. She would often send me ingredients along with written recipes, explaining how to create the perfect bento box. One for me, the other for Yumi.

Mom knew how important Yumi was to me. Everything that made me happy, she supported.

That was in the past.

I'm not sure if she still thinks the same way.

__________________________

Hopefully YGTB posts something today asgwhw I need update on team A + jihoon + mashiho + yoonbin smh (they wasted talent:/)

+ I have my French written & oral exam today weLP-

Song: SEVENTEEN (세븐틴) — Home