17 | fireflies

Haruto~

Haruto, you dumb bitch.

Why did I say that? Why did I make a deal with her? Mom's right about me being a hopeless child- I always speak before I think.

How could I get over her if I'm not even trying?

"Where should we go?" Yumi sat beside me on the couch while skimming through a magazine. "Museums are fun. I really enjoyed it last time."

"Ahh, I know one. There's the Ghibli Museum in Mitaka... if you want, we could go there." I suggested to her.

"Ghibli? As in Studio Ghibli?" She jumped up in excitement. "Let's go! That sounds really amazing."

"Okay, let's go tomorrow... what's your favourite Studio Ghibli film?" I suddenly asked her.

"Kiki's Delivery Service! It's one of my all time favourites. I just love the colours, and the story line is incredible," She enthusiastically explained to me. "How about you?"

"Grave of the Fireflies is really good. It's definitely an emotional roller coaster..." I told her.

"That film is so depressing, I would have never thought... but yeah, that was such a great film. This isn't really related to anything, but have you watched the movie Perfect Blue?"

"That movie scared me. I still get chills whenever I think of it... like it's such a unique story line, but it was definitely haunting." I replied.

For a while, Yumi and I talked about our favourite movies and animes. Later on, our conversation became much more personal, and I definitely got to hear more about how her life has been these past few years.

"Go to sleep now, we'll leave early tomorrow." I patted her head and she blushed.

"Alright then... goodnight!" Yumi hugged me then ran off.

"Goodnight." I mumbled under my breath, quite speechless.

_________________________

Yumi~

Ring*

I hit my alarm clock off, and slowly got out of bed still half asleep. I lazily walked to the washroom and without knocking on the door, I opened it.

My eyes suddenly grew wide... this has got to be the most embarrassing thing I've done in my life! Haruto standing in front of me...

But his back is covered in scars. A whole lot of them.

"W-What are you doing here... why didn't you knock?" He panicked while quickly putting a shirt on. I just stood there- speechless. "Yumi?"

"Oh- I'm so sorry... my brain is still sleeping," I made up a shitty excuse. "I'll just wait outside."

I got my outfit ready and thought of what I just saw. What happened to him? Well yeah, they don't look like fresh scars... but still. If I ask, would he think I'm nosy?

"You can use it now." Haruto knocked on my door and whispered through the crack.

"Oh...okay." I stood up with my head down and quickly ran towards the washroom.

I took a quick shower, then changed into my planned outfit. Long brown corduroy trousers, along with a cotton turmeric orange shirt. I let my hair fall down my shoulders, and put the minimalist amount of makeup on.

"You look nice." Haruto complimented me once I walked into the living room.

He looks incredibly handsome. His hair isn't completely dry yet, his black jeans that perfectly displays his long legs, his dress shirt- not completely buttoned... like sweetie, please stop showing your collar bone... I'm going crazy. (roll, action)

"Close it please..." I went up to him and buttoned up his shirt, while swallowing the bump forming inside my throat.

"Why? You don't like it?" He tilted his head and pouted.

"No! I like it way too much..." I awkwardly laughed and so did he.

"What do you want for breakfast?" Haruto asked. "Or do you just wanna eat out?"

"Yeah, let's just do that." I smiled with my eyes. "By the way, I didn't mean to invade your privacy... but what happened to your back?"

"Oh...um..." he was taken aback a little. "I got into a small accident during high school. I went hiking with my class, then fell back really badly. It's no big deal."

_________________________

Haruto~

I got these scars because I tried to escape.

When the car flipped over and I saw you crushed by the car seat, I was frightened at the thought that you were dead. The driver ran away. I didn't mean to leave you, but I was in rough shape and I needed medical assistance.

I saved myself because I was selfish.

I'm so sorry.

__________________________

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR/ LUNAR NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! Also, congrats to everyone that made it into lineup two~ I love it:)

Song: OLNL (오르내림) — Oh Yeah (Cover by Haruto and Keita)