19 | my father

Haruto~

*Flashback*

"What happened to your face?" I examined Subin's face in utter concern. She has a bruise on her bottom lip and a huge gash near her left eyebrow.

"Can I stay here for a while... I don't want him to find me..." She trembled while clenching onto my shirt. "They're watching me- each and every one of my actions."

"What are you talking about? Who's watching you?" I let her inside the house and snuck her into my bedroom.

"I don't know who they are, but I've noticed them follow me multiple times. I've asked Jyunhao, but he only got upset and hit me. This is how I got this." Subin pointed at her face.

"Stay here as long as you want. I don't want you anywhere near that asshole," I pulled her into my arms. "You know what's strange? Lately, I feel like someone's also been watching me too."

"Could it be my father? But he could just call me if he wanted to know something, unless... my father and I got into an argument before I came to Japan. He didn't actually want me to study here, because apparently it's dangerous. Dangerous, because what's beneath the layers... there's always dark business."

"Maybe your dad is afraid that someone might use you as a way to revenge on him.  Not saying that your father did anything wrong- it's just a possibility... were you close to him? Did you know him well?"

"Me? Close to my dad?" She started wheezing. "No way! I don't even know why I consider him as family, because he sure never treated me like one. I get that my dad doesn't love me... but always exemplifying me as an item? I've stopped telling him how unhappy I felt, because he never listens. I'm just a prototype to him- a shortcut to success. Hell, he even planned my future with Jyunhao already without giving me zero notice. What kind of shit father does that?"

I didn't know what to say. Subin's life is way more complicated than mine, and I have no idea what advice to give her.

"I promise to make you happy." I kissed her forehead.

"You already do." She smiled.

*End of Flashback*

__________________________

Yumi~

"Appa, you're here?" My eyes grew wide at the sight of my father actually right in front of me. It's been quite a while since I last saw him. "How did you find out that I was here-"

"How dare you lie to me!" He screamed which made me wince. "If it wasn't for Jyunhao, I would have never found out. Pack up your things- tomorrow, we're going back to Korea."

"But school is not over yet, I still have-"

"I don't fucking care! I told you to go here just to study, yet you've been seeing that guy. How could you date someone who's nowhere near our class? Could you please use your brain sometimes?"

"Study? You're making me stay in a dorm with that selfish bastard! He hits me! Many times, and I never said anything or complain. I just couldn't take it anymore, so I left- Haruto has been the only person I could ever trust, my grades have gotten so much better because of him- I actually enjoy studying now... and my mindset has become much more stable. I love him so much, dad. I've always obeyed you so that you wouldn't be embarrassed of me... but just this once. Please let me be with him."

"You're still young, Subin. You don't know what you're getting yourself into. What if he actually isn't the right person for you? One wrong move, and you can easily ruin your future-"

"I'm not that careless... and there you go again with not trusting me," I crossed my arms and sighed. "I know my duties, and I have good morals. Let me stay here- I'll work hard and graduate with honours! I'll go to Switzerland in the future, and go to the same university as mom. I promise."

Alarm*

What the hell was that dream? Was that a flashback? No way, it can't be. I've never met Haruto in the past... maybe I've just been spending too much time with him.

"Good morning." Haruto greeted me with a cheerful expression. He must have had a great sleep.

"Morning!" I went beside him near the kitchen counter. "I had a dream about you last night. It was so weird! Apparently, I lived at your place in Tokyo... and Jyunhao hits me? It was so random- like my dad came over and told me to stay away from you."

"Ahh, really? That sounds wild." He turned his back against me and stayed silent.

_________________________

Haruto~

She's starting to remember.

Everything about what happened prior to the accident... she'll know. One of these days, she'll wake up and realize that it isn't all just a dream.

The truth about Jyunhao will come out.

Also the truth about me.

___________________________

NEXT WEEK WILL BE A NEW SCHEDULE!!! INSTEAD OF TUESDAYS, IT'LL BE MONDAYS (Updates: Mondays and Fridays)

Song: OLNL (오르내림) — Foreign Student (유학생)