33 | self portrait

Yumi~

I'm not used to seeing Jyunhao like this. Him lying on the hospital bed, looking very pitiful. The thought of "when is he gonna wake up?" lingering in my head. Maybe this is what he felt back when I was in a coma. The "is he gonna come back or not?" feeling- the feeling of being on the edge...

Other than that, there's also the "who did this?" question. It's almost been three days since he got shot, but there's still no signs of the criminal.

"Didn't you notice anything odd about him before he was shot? It could be the way he was acting, or even how he talked." The prosecutor asked.

"Yeah, he was acting happier than usual which Haruto and I both found extremely weird... he said things like "my last time with you" and "please be happy". I would have never thought..." I tangled my fingers into my hair.

"So he knew it was bound to happened," he started shaking his head. "I don't think he attempted to commit suicide, because the weapon hasn't been found yet. The bullet in Jyunhao's chest was found to only be used in precision-guided firearms. I think they were aiming for the heart but badly missed. It's definitely someone who's new at their job." He explained every detail to me.

"So, you're telling me that someone planned this and Jyunhao knew?" I suddenly got a headache.

"Do you know anyone who would have had a grudge on him?"

__________________________

Haruto~

I went out for a bit to get some fresh air.

It's been feeling like the longest week ever. Jyunhao, which I once despised- I desperately want him to wake up. After all, he still ended up being relevant in my life. From doing shit to me, to letting me be happy with Subin. He's actually a very nice guy and doesn't deserve any of this.

After taking a quick shower, I made Subin a lunch box- pretty sure she hasn't eaten yet. I heard that the investigations still on going, and I really wish I could help with it.

I don't know why, but a part of me is guilty. For some reason, I feel like I'm responsible for what happened to Jyunhao... but I swear I didn't do anything.

"Watanabe Haruto, please tell me about your history with Wang Jyunhao. Take your time." The investigator eyed me down- their tactics; I know it all.

I told him everything in detail, since I don't have anything to hide anyways. There were some really off-the-topic questions, but I didn't mind. Like what did I say to Subin after he left, if I'm right handed, what I was wearing- etc.

"Do you have any pictures from that day?" He suddenly asked.

"Actually, yes." I handed him the film of our picture. He stared at it for a while, then his eyes suddenly widened.

"This is so strange..."

__________________________

Yumi~

*Flashback*

"Jyunhao, you're so annoying!" I yelled at him while knocking on the washroom door. He's been locking himself in there for the past hour, just to annoy me. He knows that I have a date with Haruto.

"No~ Not getting out!" He playfully shouted.

"I'm so done with this." I took a hairpin and started figuring out how to unlock the door. After a few minutes, it finally opened successfully.

"C'mon! I'm just trying to draw in here," Jyunhao chuckled while drawing a picture of me on a piece of white paper. Why the fuck is he drawing a picture of me? Also, why in the washroom? "Here ya go, self portrait."

"Whatever. Get out," I pleaded. The drawing actually looks nice, but I'm annoyed. It's really a pain in the ass to have a roommate like Jyunhao. "I'll count to three..."

"Fine, whatever!" He stuck out his tongue at me. "Why don't you just date me? That Haruto guy is... aren't you scared of dating someone so... whatever. But anyways, I'm the real deal here! Look at me."

"No, I don't wanna look at you." I rolled my eyes.

"Fine, I give up! I guess it'll always just be a one-sided thing. I don't regret it, Lee Subin... but I wish you liked me instead."

*End of Flashback*

"You gotta look at this." The investigator ran up to me, as if it's completely urgent.

"What is this?" My mind went blank.

"Haruto was the..."

___________________________

Song: Wanna One (워너원) — Beautiful