24 | milk & scars

Haruto~

"Yumi, why are you still awake?" I brushed my fingers through my hair. It's currently three in the morning, still dark out. I heard a creaking sound earlier, so I went to go check it out.

"I couldn't sleep, so I boiled myself some milk." She pointed at the stove.

"Ahh, I see. Is Airi bothering you? I'll just carry her to my room." I suggested but she insisted.

"No, she's an angel. I just have a lot of things in mind..." Yumi avoided my eyes as she swallowed the lump in her throat.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I sat beside her but she moved away.

"You know how I'm honest, right?" She asked and I nodded. "If I have to be honest, I've actually been thinking about you way more than usual... it's driving me crazy. It's like I started to like you even more after I told myself not to."

"Yumi..." I quickly went in front of her and she trembled. "What if-"

"Stop with that "what if?" bullshit- I don't care! I just want to be with you..." Yumi cupped my face then pressed our foreheads together. "You wouldn't know the answer to that what if, if you don't even try?"

She's right.

Maybe I was too hooked onto the past.

Maybe I should really move on and be honest with my feelings- be honest with her.

"I lied to you this whole time. About everything... I'm so sorry." I looked at Yumi and brushed my fingers against her soft cheeks.

"What was the biggest lie you've told me?" Yumi looked at me in disbelief, ready to hear my excuse.

"That I didn't love you." I pulled her closer and our lips almost touched-

"What's happening here?" Airi's eyes grew wide as she stared at her brother hoeing around.

"Airi!" I yelled in frustration. That annoying sister of mine always ruins everything.

"Well, I think the milk might be a little burnt..." she giggled.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" Yumi quickly turned the stove off and checked the liquid. "Nope, it's still edible."

"Okay, but you two didn't answer my question... what's happening here?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

"Yumi had something in her eyes, so I just blew it away." I made up to not corrupt the mind of my little baby sister.

"You're a liar." Airi stuck her tongue out.

"Do you guys also want some milk?" Yumi offered while getting some cups.

__________________________

Jyunhao~

Is it stupid of me to think that Yumi's actually still there, waiting for me to come back?

Life in Taiwan is miserable without her. All I do here is work all day, talk to old people who think highly of themselves, check the stocks, talk to even more conceited people... it's tiring.

I never wanted this life.

Because to me, not everything's about wealth and superiority. I just want to live a nice humble life and be loved by people- not the opposite.

That's why I'm envious of Haruto.

He's very independent, but still has a close relationship with his family. His parents love him because they just do, and not because they think of him as a way of income. He's free, and he's living.

Most importantly, Yumi loves him back. That's his biggest advantage.

I took the files that I've gathered, and made my way to the very top floor where my father's office is located.

I was about to open the door, when I suddenly heard another voice along with my father's. They're talking very quietly, but I could still hear what they're saying.

"So you're saying, Lee Subin's with Watanabe Haruto? Does she know anything?" Dad whispered.

"Not that I know of, don't worry sir. We'll keep an eye on them-"

"You better!" He finally snapped while throwing an envelope at the guy. I'm guessing it's money. "Keep Haruto quiet... even my son doesn't know about the truth."

What truth? Was I being brainwashed this whole time?

"Don't worry sir, it's all clean. We managed to clear out all the evidence..." the guy nervously told him, but he was unsatisfied.

"But Haruto's your biggest evidence. If last time didn't work, do something again. Get rid of that burden..." Father rubbed the temples of his head. "How about the driver in that taxi? Where is he now?"

"He's still in Tokyo, sir. However, he resigned three years ago. We've talked to him, and he said he'll keep silent if you just give him compensation."

"If the media finds out it wasn't an accident, we're doomed. All I wanted was to kill Haruto, so that my son could marry Subin... to get the partnership of their company. If it wasn't for her amnesia, I would be behind bars by now."

So I was right. I'm just an experiment to my father... he hurt people just to get what he wants. How could I be the son of this selfish criminal? I feel embarrassed and betrayed.

"Ba, what else are you hiding from me?" I went inside his office and threw the files onto the floor.

__________________________

Welp, I have dance crew auditions later and I fcked up my hair but asgwh + I just preordered TXT's album mmh so excited ehe

Song: BIGBANG (빅뱅) - Bae Bae