20 | destroyed

Yumi~

"No, it's okay. You and mom keep your money- I'll find a way to pay for my own rent... move back to Tokyo? I'm an adult, I should pay for my own needs. I'm trying to be independent." Haruto said over the phone to someone, probably his father.

"Don't worry about me..." He said to his dad before hanging up.

"What's wrong? You need money for rent? I can help you. I live here too, so I should pay half-"

"No, I don't want your money..." Haruto sat down on the couch and closed his eyes. "I don't want people thinking that I'm taking advantage of you."

"But you aren't. It would be the same as if you had a roommate! I should help. Plus, when did you ever care about what other people said about you?" I stated, which left him speechless.

"Come here," he mentioned me to come sit beside him, and I do as he instructed. Haruto suddenly laid his head on my shoulders. "If you were ever to be mine, I don't want to embarrass you. I want to become successful and buy you all the nicest things in life."

"You don't have to buy me anything. As long as we're together and happy, then that's all that matters." I ran my fingers through his soft hair.

"If we end up together, you do realize that your life isn't going to be as extravagant as it was, like back when you were still with Jyunhao... you'll just end up being exhausted, and the core of our problems will probably be due to finances."

"Did you forget that I'm going to be a future CEO? Who said that my life was great when I was still with Jyunhao? All I ever did was follow him like a sheep- I never had a say in whatever I wanted. When I'm with you, I feel free. I love your presence, and everything else about you..."

Dammit, Park Yumi. Why do you always confess first? Well... is Haruto even interested in me? He just seems forced all the time.

"Yumi..." He stood up from his seat.

"If you don't like me, then just tell me. I'd rather hear that..." I whispered under my breath. "Tell me now. I want to stop hoping."

"I do like you," Haruto looked directly at my eyes and I suddenly lost my breath. "But I don't think we can be together."

__________________________

Haruto~

*Flashback*

My eyes fluttered open as a loud ringing sound polluted my ears. The smell of burning gas, along with the dryness in my throat made it even more difficult to breathe. My sight is still blurry, and even the slightest movements shot pain up throughout my whole body.

I looked out the window, and realized that the car has flipped over. Grass, trees and big puddles surrounded the vehicle. The storm hasn't yet stopped, and it's even worse in forests. I'm in a forest.

My eyes made their way towards the driver's seat, which is empty. He probably ran away... the seat beside it- the shotgun is completely destroyed.

Beside me is Subin. She's crushed by the heavy carseat, and her whole body is covered in bruise and cuts- probably due to the shattered glass windows that most likely slit her skin. I don't think she's breathing.

"S-Subin... wake up!" I desperately yelled, but it was useless and had no impact. My voice is scratched and damaged.

I can't stand up because we're upside down... I rolled towards her and realized how badly hurt she is. Her skin is pale, and her temperature is cold.

"Please, wake up..." I patted her head but she didn't budge. The blood in her wrist came gushing out, and I swear I did my best to try and stop the bleeding... "Please respond!"

But it's all useless. She's not getting any better, and I'm slowly just losing my only remaining energy.

I looked at her one last time.

My heart felt completely broken, and I couldn't process what I was seeing... I saw this happen to her, right in front of my eyes.

Now it's time to make the worst decision, and that decision was to leave her alone... dying.

*End of Flashback*

On my way back to the living room, I noticed the door slightly cracked open to Yumi's bedroom.

She sat on the edge of her bed with a note in her hands, along with tears streaming down her face.

The paper is ripped, and the bottom seems to be missing.

My note.

___________________________

WOW!!! TYSM FOR 10K:)

Song: Eun Gaeun (은가은) — Goodbye (헤어지자는 말에 이유를 찾았어)