twenty four

Hi everyone! Welcome to Ephemera's second half! I decided to continue it here so that I won't create a book cover anymore. This is after Eunmi left.

Mark is still a part of the student council, and the music club president. Eunmi is still at Incheon, studying while their friends? are still the crackheads Eunmi knew.

Let's go? Let's start!

Chapter 24 [2nd half]

People were cheering on top of their lungs, raising their banners and penlights as they waited for the curtains to rise. On the first two rows were certain 22 individuals, and behind the curtain, he stood still, pondering every confidence left in his body.

He was used to perform in front of a crowd, which made him popular. Aside from that, he's also the head of MUREV— the university's music club.

He took a deep breath as the spotlight shone on him, hearing only the crowd's chant and cheers. He heard his friends' cheers, them, giving him a thumbs up when he started to pluck a string. He wanted to give everyone his genuine smile, but he couldn't.

Standing on the left side of the stage, he started plucking the strings which created a ballad's melody. The music hall became silent, being one with him as he plucked the strings one by one.

"neon jigeum museun saenggak hae?
naneun neoreul saenggakae
nae sesangeun ontong neoro gadeukae
gieongna? imamttae seolledeon neowa na Babe"

What are you thinking of?
I'm thinking of you
My world is filled with you
Can you remember? How we were so excited this time of year, babe

He watched the crowd as they swayed their penlights side to side. He smiled when he saw his brother, Taeyong, gave him a thumbs up.

Taeyong was proud when his brother chose to smile instead of locking himself up in sadness. He chose to move forward instead of staying in the past.

"yunanhido banjjagideon hayan gejeori
jeo dachin changeul neomeo bureowa
haru jongil neol geurimyeo ttokkateun jaril
gidarineun nae mameul alkka"

In the white season that seemed to shine brighter that year
It blew in the past that shut window
Could you understand how I feel as I stay in place
Imagining you all day as I wait

Although he won't openly say it, they knew who he's referring to just by listening to the lyrics. She would be proud of she's here.

"nuni ol kkeot gateunde (bakkeul bwa eoneusae)
neomu neujeumyeon an dwae (yaksokae)
uriga mannaneun giri eotgalliji anke
Now all I do (All I do)
All I do is wait"

It looks like it could snow (already, look outside)
You can't be too late (promise me)
So I don't accidentally miss you on my way
Now all I do (all I do)
All I do is wait

His friends looked at how the stage looked empty. He was standing on the left side of the stage, while the other side was empty. He looked lonely performing alone, but won't be in a few months' time. He's certain that she'll be back.

"chuwil mani taneun neo
gamgin iksukadan neo
i gyeouri negen dajeonghaesseum jokesseo
itjana geuge nae soweon jung hanaya Baby"