thirty eight

Chapter 38

Eunmi smiled upon waking up, stretching her arms as the sunlight greeted her. Her arms traveled along the right sight of the bed only to feel that it was empty.

She opened her eyes and saw a note that was resting beside her.

Hi, baby! Good morning!
I'm sorry if I left early and didn't wake
you up. I still have to check our new penthouse
with the dreamies. I love you~

She frowned and placed the note down. She stood up and stretched her arms. She also fixed the bed.

Mark went out to check their penthouse. Their parents decided to give them one since they already graduated, and they're already at the right age.

She sighed and went downstairs only to find his brother cooking at the kitchen. Why is Jaehyun-oppa always at the kitchen every time I wake up?

"Morning, oppa..." She yawned and sat on her chair. "Shouldn't you be at work already?" She asked.

Jaehyun was currently working part time at a shop for his on the job training. He will be graduating the following year.

"Oh, you're awake." He smiled. "Mark told me that—"

"I know, I know, he went out for a while to check our penthouse. He told me..." She sighed. "He left a note beside me..."

"Good to know that you're finally okay. The both of you, I mean." Her brother said, placing the plates on the table.

She laughed, "It's been two months, oppa. What are you saying?"

Jaehyun sighed and sat in front of her. "Time's passing by really fast... yesterday, you were just crying about your ex." He laughed.

She cringed, "Oppa don't say bad words!!" She said, slamming the table, but not too hard. "Fudge... huge waste.." She sighed.

Jaehyun laughed really loud and wiped the invisible tears that were coming out of his. "He was so handsome! Too bad he also looks for handsome guys!"

"Woojae-oppa!" She said and rolled her eyes. "Mark also laughed at me when I told him this." She pouted. "God, I was so stupid..."

***

Mark's eyes widened as soon as he saw the house they're gonna live in. Their parents (Jung and Lee) decided to give them a house and give them permission to live together since the two were already in college and are both in their right ages.

"Wow, how lucky is Mark-hyung and Eunmi-noona?" Jeno asked as soon as they entered the house.

The living room was huge. Too huge for two people who were gonna live in the house.

Jisung plopped himself on the couch and released a sigh of relief. "Hyung-ah, I suggest you lie down on one of the couches... it's really comfortable..." He said and closed his eyes.

They did what Jisung said and smiled when they found the couch really soft.

Mark smiled, "Mom and dad really put efforts in this house..." He laughed.