thirty six

Chapter 36

"Are you okay now?" Renjun asked Eunmi, who was sitting across him.

She scoffed, "Okay? In what sense?" She laughed bitterly. "If you're referring to me being sick last night, I'm good... but if you're referring to..." She sighed. "If you were referring to the both of us... ha! I wish I'm okay.."

"Yah, it's okay to cry..." He sighed, throwing a box of tissue that was on their table.

She glared at the guy, "I really appreciate the help, Renjun." She sniffed.

"What happened back there anyways? What did he tell you?" Renjun asked, watching his friend wipe her tears away.

"Things went well at the beginning..." She sighed. "But not until I decided to talk about us..." She laughed bitterly. "I thought he's over it because he was there, and he was taking care of me... but I was wrong."

"What did you say, exactly?" He asked.

"I kinda asked him why he was making things hard for me, because I haven't move on, as you can see..." She chuckled bitterly.

"And then?"

"He told me if I was the only one who had a hard time... it's true though... I only think about my feelings. I never think about his or anybody else's..." She sighed. "Oh god the head ache's coming back..." She said dramatically when Jisung approached their table.

The younger frowned, "Am I not a friend to you, noona?" He faked a cry.

She rolled her eyes and pinched his cheeks, "Aigoo Jisungieeeeeee~" She laughed when she pinched his cheeks.

"Yah, noona!" He said, trying to swat Eunmi's hand away.

***

Taeyong sat beside his brother who seemed to be lost in his own thoughts.

"Yah. Are you okay?" He asked.

The younger just sighed while looking away.

Taeyong patted his back, "What happened last night? It's already our third day here and yet you two still aren't talking to each other. You haven't made any progress, Mark... I thought you want her back?"

"Hyung, when the heck did I say that? I never said that." Finally, Mark replied.

Taeyong actually made that up. Mark never said that. Well, he wish that Mark said that, because they could clearly see that the two are still in love with each other. They were just too stupid to see it themselves.

He laughed, "I was just kidding, Mark..." He sighed. "Anyways, I was asking you... what happened last night? She was sick but you left her in her room crying..."

And he just remembered that she was sick. That he was supposed to take care of her last night. That he was supposed to look after her.

"Hyung, I screwed up..." He buried his face in his palms. "I don't want things to be awkward between the two of us, that's why I wanted to take care of her but I ruined it..."

"Are you sure that's what you want to do?" Taeyong asked. "Are you sure that you just don't want to be awkward with each other? Is that really all?"

"Hyung what are you—"

"What I'm saying is make your move, Mark. Don't keep on hesitating and regretting because you didn't make your move." Taeyong sighed. "Keep your goal. What do you really want to do?"