Shielded Eyes

There's no way Gija's sense could be wrong..

"You all must be mistaking us for another village." a scruffy old man had spoken. "Perhaps you all should leave."

"B-But!" a squeaky voice hurls, "we have a terribly injured person traveling with us!"

Hak had flashed his bandages, perhaps his overly toned chest as well, for the villagers to see. At this point, our team had noticed that the only way in was to improvise. 

"Would it be alright if we all could rest a little? Man to man." a bead of sweat had rolled down Yun's face. "I uhm, please." 

The pictured town leader had sighed, "We cannot offer much, for this town still needs much improvement, but make yourselves at home."

Gotcha

Everyone had been led to an underground settlement. Although it may have looked more like a dirt tunnel with drapes tapered to the walls. On the way, it had been explained to us the reason for the super creepy masks.. Apparently whoever was not infatuated in a relationship had to wear a mask, due to their strict religion.

"So you're sure this is the Dragon's village?" Hak asks nonchalantly. "Seems pretty sketchy to me."

"Oh please, this is nothing compared to being held hostage." Yun pouts.

I chuckle, humming in agreement. "Here, they didn't acknowledge Yona's red hair. They clearly aren't aware of any supernatual activities that may be taking hold here." my eyes shift over to Hak.

"Maybe there's just something wrong with White Snake's head." Hak commented after a few moments of pondering silence.

Gija jolts up to his feet, a slight blush on his face. "Now that is absurd!" Gija takes ahold of the princess, "Please princess, I truly feel a presence here!"

Princess Yona smiles sweetly, "I would never doubt you, Gija. But if he really is here we shouldn't waste our time sitting around. This place is like a maze so we should get started right away."

"Would that really be a good idea?" I take a standing position. "Or does beautiful boy genius wanna protect all of us?"

Yun stretches, "I may not be good at combat, but while we explore I could map out this place so we don't backtrack!" Yun's eyes begin to sparkle. "So exciting! Adventure awaits for us!"

It was as if there were endless dead ends in this so called "tunnel". Yun had began to get frustrated at the results of the search. After about our fifth one, everyone had stopped to take a breather. The longer we waited, the more of a feeling all of us got that we were being watched. That strange feeling that isn't exactly explainable. Eyes. Multiple eyes on us.

"We should probably head back, I'm getting some unruly vibes from this place.." I let out a tired sigh and lean on the dirt wall behind me." 

I had felt this strange quaking behind me, as if there was an earthquake. Startled, I jumped forward onto the dirt ground.

I stand up, slightly unstable. gripping my spear I smile. "Hey guys! look at-"

"Guys?" I look around. Had they all left already? How did I not notice?

I shook my head and looked into the dark hallway. If we want to find this guy, I've gotta take a chance. I thought. With my first step, I sensed something scatter on the floor, I quickly point my spear at the direction of the sound. It was just a small orange chipmunk, though.

I am waaayyyyy too tense right now. I broke a sweat before taking a deep breath.

Time to head in.