WHEN DID YOU LEAVE ME?

THERE ARE PEOPLE BORN WITH A GOLDEN PLATTER SERVED BEFORE THEM, born with everything in their palms, and yet, there are also people who are born

Tatara knows ━━ her grandfather speaks to her most days and tells her of how fortunate she is. (She knows she is. She knows how lucky she is. People beg beg beg to be part of the Uchiha Clan. Women killed one another to be one of the many and forgotten concubines of the clan head during the Warring States Era. Takobu sighs and Tatara sees, and sees it all, whenever he speaks of a forgotten man refusing the comfort of concubines—"If I did not know better, I would think he loved war more than women," he whispers and Tatara ignores the tinge of longing and sadness and why why why in his voice. Once upon a time, Takobu worshipped the moon and back. Until he didn't.) She is one of the one hundred and seventy-eight fortunate souls born as an Uchiha, one of the one hundred and seventy-eight fortunate souls to have the blood of Kagutsuchi in her veins. Praise the gods above!

(They tell her she is born fortunate. That she is born craddling the sun between her chests and her palms, born with the horizon rising for her once she flutters her dark dark abyssal and so dark eyes open, born with a glance from god and young silhouettes of purity and ichor kissing her cheeks ━━ they tell her she is an Uchiha. They tell her she can have the world if she wants to. They tell her that Uchiha is another euphemism for pride and hunger but it is not food. An Uchiha is always hungry. She is starving. And in success, she is ravenous.)

She is blessed by the great Kagutsuchi-sama. Her father is a master of forging heat burning deeper than the volcanoes the Uzumaki Clan seal. There are stories of red-haired men and women subduing natural disasters with ink and brushes but more tell tales of raven-haired beauties born from the whispers of the gods in Takamagahara(1) brewing storms from the boiling wind. Her mother shares their blood (a little too close, too near, too similar blood, first cousins, I love you) and she masters lies like one will do to mere tricks. Genjutsu Mistress. Who are you? The Henge is a the foundation of techniques. It is my mastery. Her grandfather is the descendant of Kagutsuchi, the Uchiha Clan's most powerful wielder of the Katon. She is born great. She will be great. She knows she will.