BLOOD ABOVE ALL ELSE

DISAPPOINTMENT IS SOMETHING SHE IS FAMILIAR WITH ━━ probably one of the most things she is familiar with for when you live with this clan, only known for glory, pride, and honor, disappointment becomes your first nightmare

DISAPPOINTMENT IS SOMETHING SHE IS FAMILIAR WITH ━━ probably one of the most things she is familiar with for when you live with this clan, only known for glory, pride, and honor, disappointment becomes your first nightmare. And failure means disappointment, loss, and too many things being taken from you and there is only one thing that can grant you stabilty in this world ━━ strength is the only thing that will keep you safe, powerful ━━ she knows this like the back of her hand. The first thing she is taught when she awakens in this world is to never shame The Clan, to act for The Clan, and the fact that The Clan is everything. The Clan may act like it does not care for its people, as if one is nothing against the many, but that is not true. The first thing that they teach the Uchiha children is The Clan ━━ The Clan loves you, they say with beady and black eyes, The Clan will always love you.

Love is a heavy word for The Clan. It is not said out loud but each Uchiha knows it is there ━━ the embraces almost resembling chokeholds, the suffocating tales of affection, and the blue moon smiles. Tatara knows love like she knows The Clan. She is not made of genius and cold stones, not made out of frigid stances and narrowed eyes. Instead, like everyone else (like all the Uchiha she loves and loves and loves) she is made of love in its peak, in its most beautiful embodiment.

She graduates at the age of six and a half and spends almost three years in the Academy. She spends roughly three years while Hatake Kakashi spends barely a year, had been four years old when he graduated. This proves enough that perhaps, Uchiha Tatara was never a prodigy. A genius, maybe, but never a prodigy. She can never be Hatake Kakashi, she hears and her heart breaks more often than not. (Only the people who love you will tell you the truth.) There are days when she wants to go to the boy ━━ because gods above, the prodigy they preach and whisper about is but a nine to ten years old with heavy eyes and slouched shoulders because hello, have you seen the coward's son? ━━ and punch him like she punched the Hyuuga boy a year or two ago. She is an Uchiha. She is supposed to be far superior than that Hatake.