THE OPPOSITE OF YOU AND I

IT TAKES A YEAR AND A HALF TO GET A MISSION OUTSIDE OF THE VILLAGE

IT TAKES A YEAR AND A HALF TO GET A MISSION OUTSIDE OF THE VILLAGE. Fugaku likes to think that it could have been a lot worse. Although they are in the middle of a war, things like these still happen. Konohagakure no Sato is very protective of their kekkei genkai—almost obsessive over it because in comparison to other hidden villages, Konohagakure has an abundance of it. Most doujutsu type of kekkei genkai are found in Konoha, one of the rarest types of kekkei genkai. Kirigakure, although having lots of unique clans, does not have a doujutsu clan to boast. The only other village that has it is Kumogakure, but the decline of the Chinoike Clan is already evident. Konoha does not want their Uchiha or their Hyuuga out and about. Not until they are sure that they can fight on their own. (Or perhaps Fugaku is only saying this to somehow convince himself that The Clan is not being driven out by the village.)

The incident with Tekka's former team also said enough of how dangerous it can be if the doujutsu falls to the wrong hands. But judging by how frustrated Koichi and Tatara are being, they know how unfair it is. Especially Tatara.

The child was never known to be patient in the first place. Maybe in the face of her grandfather but anywhere else? This reminds Fugaku of the fleeting news years ago—a young grandchild of a high-ranking Uchiha suddenly hospitalizing a branch member of the Hyuuga Clan—that was not the day Fugaku first heard of little Tatara. Her birth, after all, was something The Clan was terrified of yet awaited for immensely. The say that her mother and father are too close in terms of relation, that the child they will bare will be grotesque, or maybe, she will be so abundant and undiluted of non-Uchiha blood that she will be the strongest. The Elders are already talking about future heirs. The one to marry little Tatara must be of same purity, and maybe little Itachi? Fugaku doubts Takobu will agree to it. No, he knows Takobu will never let his dearest granddaughter be put in the same light as his son. (Itachi, first of his name, and fire-born. Fugaku learns to love like he has never done before. He thanks Mikoto everyday for giving him the honor to father her child.) But perhaps, in a different way, yes.