EVEN THE GODS ARE LONELY

WOMEN DO NOT OFTEN DEVELOP THEIR SHARINGAN

WOMEN DO NOT OFTEN DEVELOP THEIR SHARINGAN. Outsiders say it is because of the superiority of men over women, but the truth is that the women do not necessarily find themselves in the situation where it calls for it. The women of The Clan are emotionally more stable than the men, more prepared to endure the psychological pain ready to attack them. And there are also rumors that it simply depends on the heritage, but Uchiha Tatsume—Tatara's dearest mother—does not have the Sharingan despite having one of the undiluted Uchiha blood in The Clan, and having the, arguably, one of the most unstable mental health. There is also Uchiha Mikoto who has the Sharingan, Uchiha Hotaru who is not even of pure Uchiha blood but finds herself with the Sharingan. At the end, it is a matter of chance. Of fate. Of destiny. Tatara does not know. But what she does know is that despite her talents, she was never pressured to have the Sharingan, and she has long accepted that.

Maybe a younger Tatara would have been bitter, considering that just because of the reproductive organs she was born with meant that she will have a lower chance of gaining the Sharingan, but the seven-year-old Tatara does not complain. Takobu had sat her down to talk about it once, how she does not need the Sharingan in order to become strong, and then promptly listed powerful and know Uchiha, both men and women, who did not need the Sharingan in order to stand above others. And maybe, she really does not need the Sharingan.

This is not the first time Tatara has witnessed death, nor is this her first kill. (Death is someone she is close to. She has already attended countless of funerals from countless of relatives, has already cried over too many urns, and she doubts it will stop like that. Her first kill happens before she becomes Genin and it is only natural. She does not remember shaking, nor does she remember being fearful of the life she is going to take. No. She is dragged into the shallow areas of the war, and she is five years old. She brings death to a dying shinobi of a village she does not even bother knowing. What she does remember is Takobu giving her a nod, a hand on her head, and how he had been the one to personally wash her hands. She did not feel fear. She felt satisfaction, and Takobu said she did not have to feel anything. They are, after all, shinobi. She is not guilty.) This is not the first battle she fought in. There is nothing about this situation that gives her a first experience.