THE NINTH OF JUNE

THE NINTH OF JUNE

TATARA HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO FACE THE NEW FAMILY OF THE CLAN HEAD

TATARA HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO FACE THE NEW FAMILY OF THE CLAN HEAD. She has already avoided them for the past three to four years, and proceeding to do so is useless. Mikoto is not Mikado, nor is Fugaku someone who can even touch a strand of Mikado's magnificence. Takobu endlessly and mercilessly continues to remind her this—that Mikado is dead, has been dead for the past years, and she can do absolutely nothing about it. Just accept it, her grandfather tells her.

But sometimes, things are easier said than done.

Mikoto is round with a child Tatara will no doubt grow to love and adore. Tatara adores all Uchiha children, and the Uchiha children adore her as much. Most Uchiha children aspire to be like the granddaughter of the Elder—Uchiha Tatara is favored by the Elders, prodigal and genius in the shinobi arts, known as a splendid Uchiha, currently a student of the Clan Head, himself. Tatara is the ideal Uchiha child and there is nothing that can stop her from continuing in being so. But then, there is the Clan Head's family.

"Have you thought of a name already, Mikoto-sama?" She asks, willing to create a small talk with the woman she supposedly hates the most because Sarutahiko-sama, oh, dearest Sarutahiko-sama, your land will be stained with the blood of your kin because of this woman. Tatara pretends not to be bitter, but she is.

It is only then does she realize that sitting under the presence of the child within Mikoto's stomach makes her feel uncomfortable. The whispers about him had made her feel delighted for the Clan has an heir, finally. An actual and competent heir. And yet, Tatara is reminded of the dream she had a few days earlier; of Mikado talking about youkai, of weasels not being what you think they are. It makes Tatara fearful.

She has loved many children before they have ever been born but for the first time, and maybe it is because of the dream with Mikado, but she is wary of this unborn child.