FROM THE SAME ASHES

FROM THE SAME ASHES

THIS IS THE TEAM, Fugaku thinks and hides an honest grimace at what is given to him

THIS IS THE TEAM, Fugaku thinks and hides an honest grimace at what is given to him. When they said that Clan Heads don't go out to the battlefield, when they said that Clan Heads stay within the village—Fugaku is eventually given this alternative. He was born fighting and suddenly stopping because of something like a title will not stop him from doing so. He had received a distasteful look from one of the elders but most of them simply nod at him in hidden approval. The Uchiha Clan can never be contained. (But is it not that what is happening to them?) The Uchiha Clan is free.

Fugaku knows Uchiha Tekka. The young boy once ate with his wife once for dinner and Mikoto says Tekka is a really sweet boy. He is honest, hard-working, barely flinches or even growls back whenever some of their cousins talk about the odd dot on his forehead. Tekka is well-rounded and the gleam of his Sharingan is unnoticable. With two tomoe spinning, the truth of the Wave Mission unfolds. He is reminded to talk to Tekka privately soon. The Sharingan is a gift but the consequence is a different matter.

Then there's Uchiha Tatara. There are still many who are disastisfied with Fugaku taking the position as the Clan Head and Uchiha Takobu's family is one of them. Despite having complete say over who gets to become the head and who doesn't, Takobu does not openly comment about not wanting Fugaku as the head. Tatara, his granddaughter, despite being respectful most of the time, still cannot hold in her obvious scorn.

Uchiha Mikado touched many hearts in his short years and it seems that Tatara is one of them.

Koichi is the enigma among them. Fugaku knows enough about his cousins. (Tekka is honest and warm-hearted, and Tatara is all pride and Takobu.) The boy looks everything a Yamanaka is and according to clan laws, when a clansmen marry someone of civilian heritage or at least someone who is lacking a clan, regardless of being a man or a woman, the clansmen will be the one who will maintain their surname. Koichi is a different matter. The papers say he is Kudou Koichi, not Yamanaka Koichi as everyone expects.