WIND BEFORE FIRE

WIND BEFORE FIRE

TAKOBU AND TATARA CHOOSE TO NOT TALK IT OUT

TAKOBU AND TATARA CHOOSE TO NOT TALK IT OUT. Their tongues are tied and their throats cough on the words they want to say but can never say out loud. This is not pride, Takobu knows as he sees himself in Tatara's childish form, this is simply incapability. Call them the descendants of gods all they want but an Uchiha's weakness will always be their inability to speak. They cannot express their love in words, in poems, or in scriptures and love stories. The Uchiha act and dosometimes, it is not enough; like how Kagutsuchi wanted to thank Izanami for giving birth to him with the only thing he loved, and that was fire. Izanami had burned to death and his father killed him in response. An Uchiha cannot speak in the days everyone begs them too, and speaks when nobody asks for it.

Which is why Takobu and Tatara throw their fists to one another, blow fire ninjutsu to each other's faceswhich is why Takobu beats Tatara to the ground to show her what he wants to happen. I am harsh on you because I do not want you to die, he conveys as he presses the edges of his fingers against Tatara's neck and the concentrated chakra (a control he refined for the decades he never wanted to live in), and when Tatara gives in, she tells him that she understands. She tells him that she is in the wrong.

And when Takobu offers his hand to pick her up, he tells her that he too, understands that he had done something wrong.

They form the seal of reconciliation and they both understand.

Which is why as Tatara arrives to Fugaku's home, an hour late for their meeting, Fugaku does not tell her off. Words spread fast in the compoundthe famous granddaughter-grandfather duo had a 'miscommunication' and it was so much of a big argument that Tatara had to leave their home barefeet. Kawabe-san who lives just a few houses from Fugaku's compound said that Yuemi-chan who lives right next to Takobu heard shouting and "it must be so bad for them to have shouted!". While the Uchiha are nothing to the Yamanaka's gossip network, they still have their fair share of nosy clansmen.