Chapter 19

"Senpai, I didn't know that late-Edo era cosplay would be this popular." Haruhi commented as she picked at her costume.

The Host Club's theme was late-Edo era. The Hosts wore the uniforms of the Shinsengumi, while (Name) and Renge wore late Edo kimonos.

"Eh? It's all the rage, Haruhi." You answer, turning towards Haruhi, making your kimono twirl a bit.

"Yeah, what are you talking about? That's one of the basics of the basics." Hikaru pointed.

"There are more girls that like the late-Edo era than you can imagine. Especially the Shinsengumi." Kaoru added.

"And in any case, among those who like it, there are lots of real maniacs." Honey mentioned.

"Perhaps the reason for their popularity was their gallantry in giving their young lives for the sake of the country." Renge said. "In their single-mindedness to live the bushido code, and in the stoic way in which they comported themselves. Or perhaps..."

Our of complete nowhere, Kaoru let out a gasp and clutched his chest, falling to the ground. Before he could hit the ground, Hikaru swiftly grabbed his twin's wrist and pulled him into a hug.

"Don't you die." Hikaru muttered, gaze turning sad.

"I'm done for." Kaoru sighed, causing their guests to squeal in approval.

"...they detect the scent of something forbidden, coming from this gymnasium-type group of young men," Renge continuesd. "The Ikeda-ya Inn may indeed be generally well-known, but for me, just imaging the back of Hijikata-san, facing the northern lands, following the battle at Tobafushimi, sorrowfully wandering, trying to defend the Shinsengumi by himself, I could eat three whole bowls of rice!"

"Renge-chan sure does cover a lot of territory." Haruhi muttered.

"Following your advice to not have us cast ourselves in any specific roles, saying it would be better to leave it up to our guests to freely fantasize for themselves, was the right choice." Kyoya complimented.

"Naturally. Still, sure enough, having Haruhi-kun be Okita Soji is perfect." Renge laughed.

"I know, right. Haruhi, it looks like this was made for you." You give a thumbs up.

"Does it?" Haruhi blinked.

"He does indeed fit in as the handsome evanscent young swordsman!" One of Haruhi's guests squealed.

"No, Haruhi-kun, don't die!" A girl cried.

You laughed at the girl's antics before looking at the person who you were in love with--Kyoya.

You unconsciously let out a small smile as you stared at Kyoya.

Just looking at him made you feel happy, it brought you some sort of peace of mind.

Tamaki gave his famous host smile to one of the girl's he was attending to.

The guest started talking about how Tamaki looked amazing as Tamaki thanked her with a smile.

Tamaki turned his eyes to look at you.

His smile vanished for a second when he noticed that you were looking at Kyoya.

In all honesty, he wasn't that dense. He had a feeling that you were attracted to Kyoya. If his suspicion was right, you really are in love with Kyoya.

Tamaki decided to let it slide for the time being as he smiled at his guest once again.

You walked towards Mori, who was sitting by himself, being marvelled at by some girls.