Chapter 22

You shut your suitcases with a heavy sigh.

You were currently in your room and it was already past midnight.

After the declaration that Tamaki had made, the two of you settled on going home together for the day, since neither of you wanted to be bombarded with questions.

It's dreadful, but Tamaki and you had to make this decision.

It was for everyone's happiness.

Of course the constant thought about never being able to see Tamaki again killed you from the inside. He was the one who kept you safe all these years. Having a brother like Tamaki made you look forward to everyday life.

You were going to lose some invaluable, irreplaceable friends as well. The friends who made you happy. The friends who became family.

There was another person.

Kyoya.

A bitter laugh escaped your lips.

To think that you were going to confess to Kyoya after the Ouran Fair.

What a shame.

But perhaps it would be for the best.

You shook your head from side to side, quickly remembering that you were put to be engaged in a few days, with someone who you didn't love.

You bit your lip when you thought about Tamaki.

Things weren't going to be easy for him either.

The two of you had to make this sacrifice.

Tomorrow was going to be the last that you'd see Tamaki again.

Éclair and her cousin were so cruel that they didn't even allow meeting your mother together. The two of you had to meet her separately.

What would the look on your mother's face be when she'd find out the compromise Tamaki and you had to made in order to finally see her again.

You tried shaking that empty feeling out of your heart as you sat down on your bed.

You unconsciously ran a hand on the covers of your bed. A small smile lit up on your face as you remembered it was Tamaki who picked the designs of your bedroom.

You then touched the necklace Tamaki had given you on your birthday ever so gently.

You didn't realise when your tears started to escape from your eyes.

You choked back a sob as you held your head with both hands.

Your head snapped up when you heard three knocks on your door.

"Y-Yes? Who is it?" You sniffle.

"(Name), it's me. Can I come in?" Came Tamaki's voice.

"Of course." You whisper as you wipe your tears away.

Tamaki entered your room before closing it shut.

"I figured you would be crying." Tamaki sighed.

"How could I not?" You say.

"(Name), I know this is really hard. Things aren't going good and the situation doesn't always go in our favour...but I know we'll be okay." Tamaki said, sitting on your bed next to you and taking your hands in his own.

"I can't go a day without seeing you." You say softly.

"And I can't go a day without knowing you're smiling." Tamaki spoke.