f i f t e e n

342 days before

Harry's pov

Days past by like falling stars in the night sky. Shooting by one after another like a meteor shower. Everyday her kisses became sweeter and longer. Every passing moment with her was a new high for me, it was pure ecstasy with her. Each passing day I falling harder and harder for Grace and I wasn't stopping myself. Everything felt so right and I didn't want any of it to stop. I liked this feeling; free and open, like a bird learning how to finally fly. I felt as if I was truly breathing for the first time. Like everything I did, we did, actually meant something. I never wanted to forget the way her lips felt on mine or the way her laugh sounded in my ears or the way her soft, milky skin felt underneath my fingertips.

Work was agonizingly slow today. Rain poured hard on the heated ground, humidity rising from the street. There were about four people in the shop and a sleeping manager in the back room, so I took my phone from my back pocket and typing a quick message.

H: what are the possibilities of you putting on a wig and taking my shift for me

G: about the unbelievably small size of your balls

H: ouch

G: when are you going to be back from work

H: another four hours

G: :(

H: Ik. I'll bring you back some of Dana's macaroons

G: you would do that

H: yeah

G: omg youre like the best.. ever

H: bow down to me

G: oh thank thy harold and his wonderful ways of bringing forth thy macaroons

H: Grace

G: what

H: nothing

G: k then. Benny's back home, said he had something to run by me

I shoved my phone back into my pocket so I could go wipe off a few tables.

--

"Have a nice night!" I call to the couple that had just left. I heave a sigh, throwing my apron on the hook in the employee lounge, which is really just a storage room with a fold out table and chairs, a mini fridge, and four hooks hanging on the far wall.

I tried my best to clean up and close quickly because I couldn't wait to get home. The day had been tiring and quite frankly, I just wanted to go to sleep.

The car beeped as I locked it. I went up to our flat and just as I opened the door, I saw Ben and whatever the hell his girlfriends name is fucking in the middle of the loving area. They were on a pallet of blankets, roses and candles surrounded them along with a tray holding an empty bottle of wine. Quickly, I shut the door and let out a breathy laugh. I walked back out to my car and took out my phone. There was a text from Grace.

Don't go home. Bens doing something for his gf, told me to tell you. I'm out with some friends. Don't wait up.

So the rest of the night went like this: I have no friends, so I went to go see an action movie by myself. I had a girl hit on me in the concessions line, which I dodged by telling her I wasn't available. I wanted to say I had a girlfriend, but I don't really think that Grace was my girlfriend so I left it at that. Thinking that since it was twelve midnight, I went home. By then I was struggling to keep my eyes open, so as soon as I walked through the door and noticed that everything had since been out away, I took a shower and crashed. Around three in the morning, long after I had fallen asleep, I felt the bed dip and two arms wrap around my waist. The smell of lavender and sweet drinks sent me back to sleep.

By the early morning, I had waken up alone. The apartment was silent as I had made my way through it and into the kitchen. I put on a pot and poured a bowl of cereal. I took my mug and breakfast into the living area, pitting down and flipping on the telle. I watched a few episodes of spongebob while sipping my drink and spooning the corn flakes into my mouth. The door opened around this time and Ben came dancing into the room, plopping on the couch and heaving a large sigh. With his eyes barely open, head resisting on the back of the sofa, He looked to me.

"Go shave your face, will you. You look like a fourteen your old boy hitting puberty."

"Go suck a dick, you fuck." I shoved his shoulder and he cracked a small smile, "what's happening?"

"I'm exhausted, that's what... And nobody says 'what's happening', you immigrant." I scrunched my face.

"What'd you like me to say, ' 'sup my brother yolo swag to your mom'" we both busted out laughing at my ridiculous attempt at an American accent.

"Fuck, just wake me up in an hour, this is my lunch break and I got to be back before two."