s i x t e e n

Double update¿?

338 days before

I wasn't sure what we were. If we were together or just friends that casually made out any chance they could get. I wasn't sure if she wanted to be with me, like that, or if she was just looking for nothing. Doing exactly what Ben had told me the day she moved in. I will admit I was paranoid that she would drop me like a pen falls. I knew there was still the possibility of her getting too comfortable or too used to me. But it had been about two weeks and I still daydreamed about her at work, because even though there was the possibility of her not liking me, I still liked her. A lot (probably too much.)

Too be completely honest I think that I was falling for the girl with the blonde hair and blue eyes. I was falling for the girl who broke guys hearts before they could break hers. I was falling for Grace harder than I fell for anyone. It was her humor and her awkwardness and her smile and I could go on and on.

The day dragged me through itself too slowly. Grace was supposed to meet me at work so we could catch up over some caffeine. She walked in around ten while I was cleaning some cups in the back. There were no longer any customers even though we didn't close for another half hour or so. The bell chimed signaling the opening of the door.

"I'm in the back, give me a minute!" I called to the front of the café. I wiped my hands on a towel, throwing it on my shoulder and making my way to the barista bar.

"Oh, hey. You made it." I smile at Grace then noticing Ben right beside her, looking nervous, "oh, hey man. What's going on?"

"Uh, Benny has some big news!" Grace exclaimed excitedly. My brows raised toward Ben, curious. What could his news be? I rested my weight on my hands that were pressed against the counter. I was kind of hoping that we would be alone tonight. I was hoping we could talk about, you know, us.

"I asked Lesley to marry me," so that's her name, "and she said yes." My mouth dropped open but shut soon after. I was actually a bit sad that he didn't tell me he was planning to propose, I mean it's not something extremely casual so I was feeling a kinda insulted. Although, we hadn't seen each other much in the past few weeks, I've been busy in attempt to win over his sister, and he's been out of the house. It's not like we were really good friends in the first place, I found him through an add in the paper. None the less, I perk up and let the information sink in. I walk around the counter, a smile on my face.

"Dude!" I pull him in for a manly hug, "I'm so happy for you, congrats."

"Thanks man."

"No worries. Hey, cup a' joe on me." I patted his back and headed back around the counter to make his coffee.

"Harry, you don't have to do that." He stressed.

"Nonsense." I wave him off, "Grace, you want anything?" I called over my shoulder as I turned the Verismo back on. It made a few odd noises before fully coming to life.

"Uh, yeah, sure. Just black with crème and sugar. And- OH -can you use that almond-y flavored crème? That was amazing last time." Grace gushed from behind me. I heard her come around the counter while my hands did effortless makings of the two cups. When done, I set them to the side and made myself a small cup of Chai and milk. Grace swung her feet from the counter top she was sat on. Ben had excused himself to the bathroom so I made my way between her legs, my fingers running up and down her thighs.

"Bens moving out. We'll have the apartment to ourselves, ya' know." I hummed into her neck.

"I'll have to get a job. Maybe I could get one here? I saw the 'help wanted' sign out front."

"Unless you want to be cleaning toilets and busting tables with odd hours, I don't think you'd want to take that job."I chuckle looking her in the eyes.

"I'd get to be with you though..." She pushed lightly on my shoulders when Bens near foot steps could be heard. I pulled away and handed her, her cup and then the other to Ben. We cheered and drank our tea and coffees in honor of our newly engaged roommate.

---

These chapters keep getting worse and less interesting I swear.

but something's coming - just you wait