Chapter 7

Tyler's POV

Since Tiana walked out of the classroom, tears falling from her eyes, I haven't been myself. She took some time off school and in a few days, her gist died down and the school focused on something else. I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact that someone would actually do that to her.

I was definitely right about her putting on a perfect confidence girl facade. When she broke down in front of me I just knew that was just her cover.

And I was really curious as to worth was hidden beneath.

"I seriously can't believe that kind of video got out." Lyla said, catching everyone's attention. I suppressed a groan as I tried to focus on what I was sketching with my pen at the back of my book.

We were in love garden and by we, I mean Joel, Zaria, Kelvin, Lyla and I. Charles and Ada were probably making out somewhere. The teachers were having some kind of meeting so everyone had an automatic free period.

"As in ehn. As much as I don't like the babe, that was a really awful thing to do to a person. I don't wish to be in her shoes. Who would have done such a thing to her?" Zaria asked rhetorically.

"The bigger question is, why did she have sex on school grounds and more so, with a teacher? If konji was really catching her, she should have held herself till she got home or stuff. Probably made an arrangement with corper Efosa or something." Kelvin said and again, I suppressed a groan, gripping my pen tightly.

"I've known Tiana for as long as I can remember and one thing I know about her is that she doesn't have a off switch. It amazes and scares me at the same time." Joel scoffed and continued. "Like, can't you just calm down! Her libido is way to high." He added

"Mehn, that's bad though..." Lyla started and I unknowingly groaned loudly, interrupting her and getting their attention.

I honestly didn't appreciate them talking about her like that. It was pretty annoying.

"Tyler, is there a problem?" Zaria asked.

"Yes, there is a problem. Can you guys not talk about her or the video?" I asked, my voice going up a notch against my will. Joel frowned and studied me.

"What's up with you?" He asked me. I sighed and closed my note.

"You don't have to talk about her like that. It's not cool." I stated matter-of-factly and Kelvin chuckled.

"This one that you are taking her side..." He started but I cut him off.

"I am not taking anyone's side!" I snapped and a shocked expression appeared on their faces. I've never shouted at anyone before so their surprise was justified. "I'm just saying, she's human and she has emotions as well. Don't talk like she enjoyed that video getting out there." I said, picking my things and leaving the place.

Why exactly am I defending Tiana?

I had my own problems to worry about. My father was burning all my mum's remaining paintings, the ones I didn't even know existed. I tried to save some but they were ruined a bit. It was very devastating to watch. I was hurt, sad, angry. Yet I'm here, worrying about someone else's issue.

Someone I barely even knew.

"Tyler." I heard Joel's voice behind me and I turned around. He had a worried expression on his face when he reached me and I sighed. "What's up with you, guy?" He asked me and I shook my head, asking myself the same question.

"I don't know." I sighed. "I'm sorry, I guess I'm just worked up or something." I said, trying to be nonchalant about it. He watched me for a while.

"Does this have anything to do with your dad?" He asked me and I widened my eyes slightly before regaining my composure.

"What? No! This has nothing to do with my Dad." I lied through my teeth. "My dad and I are good." I added with a forced smile and Joel nodded, his scrutinizing gaze on me.

"Okay." He drawled then patted my shoulder. "Be good okay." He said and I nodded before he turned around and walked away. I sighed, throwing my gaze up to the Sky.

God, if you are listening to me...

Please make me stronger...

I'm getting weak.

****

I came home to an quiet house. The empty drive way proved that my dad wasn't back from work yet and that was good for me. Aunty Kemi had taken a week off so it was just me and my dad for one week. I went to fridge to get something to munch on before going to my room. After changing my cloths and walked into my small walk in closet.

I had transformed my walk in closet to my personally gallery and art room. It was also the place I hid some of my mum's painting from my Dad. It was basically the only place I could think. I set up the easel and a new canvas. Picking up a brush, I wanted to paint something.

But I couldn't.

My hand froze above the canvas and for the first time in a while, I couldn't think of anything to paint. The next minute, I saw myself putting on my hoodie, racing down the stairs and outside on the tarred road, running.

I need the burst of adrenaline to ease me.

To fill my head.

I kept running.

Until I found myself in a park.

I stopped running and paused to catch my breath. I really needed to take a breather. I crouched down and rested my hand against my knee. The park was misty because it was already getting dark. It looked like no one was around.

But I was wrong.

I was hearing dog barks and a girls voice.

A familiar girl's voice.

I moved closer, trying to be as stealth as possible. I got closer and began to see the figures clearly. It was definitely a girl playing with a dog and yes, her voice sounded very familiar. Taking a position behind a tree, I looked, getting a clearer vision of the girl and the dog.

Her back was to me so I couldn't see her face. Her hair was flying in the direction of the evening wind,  her hand flinging the stick to a direction so that her dog will go fetch. I really wanted to see the face, maybe it was someone from school. God definitely heard my heart when she turned and my eyes caught her face, my breath catching in my throat.

Tiana.

It's her.

She ran to the direction her dog had taken off to and my eyes followed her every move, registering even the most insignificant gesture that she made, involuntarily. I watched her kneel down to her dog's level and ruffle is fur, using her other hand to brush her hair behind her ear.

She looked different.

Good different.

She seemed very happy and I couldn't help the smile that tugged my lips.

As if knowing that someone was watching her, she looked towards my direction but I was quick to hide behind the tree, feeling my heart pick up the beat. I felt my lips become dry suddenly and I darted my tongue out to give it a bit of moisture.

Why am I feeling this way?

I peeked from behind the tree subtly and saw that she was already walking away with her dog and I sighed, relieved that she had not seen me. I watched her walk out of the park and into the side walk before her figure disappeared into the mist.

I placed my hand over my chest, trying to calm my racing heart. I have never felt this way before, never had this unusual feeling. It felt nice, very nice. I stared in the direction where Tiana had gone off to and felt a tug in my heart.

And I welcomed it.

Wholeheartedly,

One thing was certain.

That girl intrigued me.