Chapter 15

Tiana's POV

School had vacated for the term and it was Christmas break. Tyler invited me to join them on their group hangout. I protested but he wouldn't have it. I was very nervous because Zaria would be there. For some reasons, she was beginning to intimidate me. She looked at me like she could see right through me.

Naturally or better still, before I wouldn't care because I don't live to impress people. I do my own thing. But since Tyler and I became really close and my unexplainable feelings for him, I really wanted to impress him. The last the thing I wanted was for the first person that saw the good in me to hate me.

Which was exactly the reason why I haven't told him about my past or what I was battling with. My addictions.

Though, he managed to get my mind off me playing with myself for some time, addictions don't just stop like that. I indulged myself few times, after which I would burst into tears and cry myself to sleep.

I hated the way I was feeling. I wanted to stop. I wanted to tell him so bad what I was going through. But will he ever look at me the same way after that? That was the exact question that stopped me from telling him.

I was getting ready for the hang out. Tyler would pick me up and we would join them at shoprite. I was going through my wardrobe for what to wear. I later settled on a black tank top, camo pants and army green kicks. My hair was short but full so I combed it into a mini afro. I was making up my face when Ciara walked in. I rolled my eyes

"You know there is something called knocking right." I glared at her through the mirror as I applied lip gloss. She totally ignored my remark and entered my room.

"Where are you going?" She asked sternly.

"Out." I stood up from the stool and went to my wardrobe to pick up my thick hoodie. The harmattan was kicking in big and the last thing I wanted to to catch a cold and end up with the flu.

"Out to where?" She demanded.

"Since when did you care where I was going. Last I remembered, you didn't expect me asking for permission before I go out. You wanted me to go have fun." I told her. She stood up and walked up to me, her hand folded across her chest.

"Well, that was before I realized you have gone soft and I am pretty sure you are going out with that Tayo dude." Ciara snapped.

"We are going out with a group of friends, Ciara and his name is Tyler, not Tayo, Tyron, Tycoon, Cyrus or whatever name you have been calling him this past few days." I snapped back.

"You are beginning to grow a soft spot for him, aren't you? You are falling for him. Tell me I am are wrong." She glared and me. I hesitated.

"I'm not having feelings for him." I said, lying through my teeth. Ciara would never know. I was a good liar. At least I have been lying all my life that I am okay, when I'm not.

"Good. I hope you know what you are doing. You know the plan. Keep it that way. You understand?" She looked at me intently and I nodded. Immediately, I heard the door bell.

"I have to go." I took my purse and my phone and walked out, she following me behind. I opened the front door and opened it. Tyler grinned at me. I smiled back, kinda feeling uneasy that Ciara was glaring holes at my back.

"Hey." He said, his eyes giving a pleasant one over, his teeth biting the side of his lower lips. A gesture that made me tingle all over.

"Hey." I smiled shyly.

"You look amazing." He looked at me again and I swear I was blushing.

"Thank you. You look really good looking yourself." I looked at him. He was in a black tee and gray joggers with black vans, his hoodie in his hand. His hair was curly and bushy, cut in fade. I badly wanted to run my finger through it.