Chapter 23

Tiana's POV

Zaria led me into a room while I dragged my suitcase behind me. I marvelled at the sight of the room. I know my parents are rich but Zaria's parents are loaded. The room was way bigger than mine. It was painted white and lilac with lilac and pink flowers on the white part. The cottons were also lilac and white and so was the queen sized bed. The tiles were white. In all, the room was beautiful.

"This is where you'd be staying till exams are over and hopefully all the drama would have dies down," Zaria's voice broke into my thoughts and I looked at her.

"Thank you very much for having me here," I told her genuinely. She gave me a small smile.

"It's the least I could do. Get yourself settled in, bathroom is just right there,"she pointed to the small door by the corner of my room. "...so you can freshen up. My room is right down the hall. We have gotta talk. My elder sister would be available too, just in case you need a grown up's advice." She said and I widened my eyes.

Her sister knows?

Zaria must have noticed my expression because she said, "Don't worry, she doesn't mind. She's a practicing lawyer, she deals with this kind of situation. She might be of huge help," she replied, trying to calm me down. That was actually a relief.

"Okay, I would like that. Thank you." I smiled at her and turned around to open my suitcase.

"Tiana?" she called and I turned around. "...everything would be fine. Tyler won't let anything happen to you. We all won't let anything happen to you," she smiled and I smiled back, nodding. She turned around and left the room.

At least I'm safe...

For now.

☆☆☆☆

It was already 9:00pm. We had already had dinner with Zaria's parents. Thankfully, I wasn't bombarded from all sides with questions. Zaria already made up a very convincing story and made sure they believed it, and they did.

In the middle of the dinner I noticed the closeness they had in their family and I was quite sad. I can't remember the last time we had dinner in my house as a family. I can't even remember the last time my parents were home. The closeness between Zaria and Aisha made me wish everything was different in my family.

Now I was in Zaria's room, talking about random stuffs; boys, which universe is better between DC and Marvel. I kept saying Marvel but she seemed to prefer DC. I got to know the kind of hair products she use that makes her hair so straight, silk and long. Her natural hair didn't look natural at all, but it was.

"What am I missing?" Aisha's head popped in, with a goofy smile playing on her lips.

"Nothing much. Come on in." Zaria said and Aisha skipped in. No one would know she's 21 years of age. She acts so babyish when she wants to, also serious when she need to be.

She plopped down on the bed in between the both of us and silence immediately engulfed the room. She looked from me to Zaria and back to me.

"Tiana, how are you," she asked.

"I'm good, I guess..." I started but she stopped me.

"That's not what I meant. I mean, are you okay? Is there anything going on in your mind," she asked. I sighed and shook my head.

"I'm obviously not okay. I'm not even safe in my own house I have to come and stay here. I can't predict my sisters move so I'm not even sire I'm safe anywhere." I replied, my voice hushed.

"That is expected. Trust me I feel your pain." Aisha said and Zaria nodded, agreeing with her. I snorted out a laugh and shook my head again.

"You guys can't feel my pain, I doubt if you have ever been in this situation. I bet everything has been rosy all your life. I mean, I could see it during the dinner, you are close to your parents. I can't even remember the last time I saw mine. My sister is out there, trying to cause more chaos and damage to my life. Zaria, you and your sister are inseparable; in a good way. Practically, your family is the direct opposite of mine and I can't help but feel jealous. You guys are just so...perfect." I concluded, looking down and feeling ashamed of myself and my family.