Chapter 17

Tiana's POV

Who would have thought Tyler had so much bottled up inside him. He seemed to be so peaceful and everything was going well for him but he wasn't. He even told me about how his dad changed.

Now we were seated on his bed in his room, talking about his family. I was so happy he could trust me to tell me something so personal and at the same time, I felt bad I couldn't tell him about me.

"My mum died of cancer. No one actually saw it coming. She didn't tell me or my dad. She kept it to herself. It was eating her up on the inside. She seemed so healthy, I had no clue. No one did." He let out a deep breath. My hand was in his, his thumb rubbing circles at the back of my palm.

"How did you get to know she had cancer then?" I asked him.

"I got back from school and walked to her workshop just to see her slumped on the floor looking pale. I screamed for my dad and we rushed her to the hospital which was when the doctor told us she had Leukemia and only had few months to live." He replied, looking down. I took my free hand and slowly stroked his shoulder.

"I didn't think I would never have to see her again. Mum was practically my best friend." He looked at me, tears forming in his eyes again as he smiled, probably remembering his mum.

"Can...can I see her picture? I really want to know how she looks." I asked, stuttering. Tyler smiled and stood up, gently pulling me up with him. I followed him to a part of his room where a picture of him and a woman who looked just like him. They looked so happy, I really wanted to cry. Though She looked a little pale.

"We took this picture few weeks before she died." He clarified. I ran my fingers through the picture.

"She's beautiful. You look so much like her." I looked at him and smiled. He smiled back. I pulled him in and hugged him again. His hands wrapped around my waist as his face settled on the nape of my neck, his breath tickling my skin.

"I miss her so much." He whispered.

"I know. It's okay. Everything is fine." I told him softly.

****

I was seated on his bed, my phone in my hand. He wanted to get something for me to eat. I heard him come in and I looked up, a smile automatically spreading through my lips. He had a tray in his hand, containing Maryland Cookies and Hollandia yoghurt in a cup. He placed it on a stool and dragged it to my side.

"I'm sorry for taking your time. I should have given you something to eat not tell you my pitiful...." He started and I rolled my eyes at his rambling. I touched his hand and he looked at me.

"It's not pitiful. I'm so glad you trusted me enough to tell me about your mum. Thank you for telling me." I told him sincerely and he smiled.

"I'm glad I told you too." He said. I nodded. He stood up straight and let out a deep breath. "I'm going to have shower. After that we could watch a movie or something." He suggested.

"That would be perfect. I get to pick." I smirked and he chuckled.

"Fine but please no romantic movies. I beg you." He pleaded and I laughed and nodded. He smiled and entered the bathroom. I got comfy on the bed and started to eat the cookies and drink the yoghurt. I kept surfing through IG.

Wait! My subconscious alerted me and I sat up.

He has gone into the shower. Should I go out? I thought.

Well duhhh! He can come out naked. He probably thinks you have excused him since he clearly stated he was going into the shower!!! My subconscious screamed at me.