Chapter 8

Tyler's POV

There were many things I loved about being in SS3 and one of the them was the multiple free periods we had. Well, at least for first term because we ain't doing anything serious this term but come what January, we would obviously be loaded with school work.

I was in the library, my sketch pad in front of me but I had no idea what else to draw. Normally at this time, I'd probably be with my friends and we'd talk about stuff but today was different. I wanted to be on my own because I needed to be. On this day. This very special day.

Her Death Anniversary.

My friends knew, and they understood how special this day to me. So they left me alone. I flipped through the pages, admiring my works just to pass time. I really didn't feel like going out to meet the guys. As I tried to get an inspiration or an idea of what else to draw, I heard someone come in, making me look up on instinct.

It's her.

Tiana.

Since that day I saw her at the park, I haven't stopped thinking about her. It was strange but I welcomed the strangeness because it kept making me smile involuntarily. Lately, she has been the source of my inspiration. Seemed far fetched but it was true. I just wouldn't stop thinking about her.

She returned to school but kept a low profile that even I barely saw her. I found myself looking for ways to see her, or make her see me at least but she was always on her, didn't even have friends. People still made snaky comments about her and the video and even though she seemed not to care, I knew very much that she did.

I watched as she made her way into the library and towards an empty table at the extreme end of the hall. She opened two books and brought out her pen, copying from one note to another, probably trying to catch up on what she had lost. I watched her, memorizing the littlest details about her.

Like, the way she swept her braids over one shoulder continuously when it kept falling. And the way she bit the head of her pen like she was deep in thought. Or the way she swept her tongue over lips slowly. She was a beautiful sight to watch, whether I admit it to myself or not, she was. I felt my lip quirk slightly in a lopsided grin.

I suddenly took my pencil and started to sketch her. I don't know what drove me to but I really wanted to draw her. It wasn't so easy has she kept moving occasionally but I didn't mind, I kept drawing. Soon I was almost half way done.

"What are you drawing!" The voice came to me so suddenly and I immediately closed my sketch pad and looked up to see Kelvin looking at me.

"Jesus Christ, Kev! You scared me." I glared at him. He chuckled and sat down beside me.

"I didn't mean to. Oya sorry. What were you drawing?" He tried to get my sketch pad from me and I glared at him again.

"It's none of your business." I told him.

"Since when na?" He asked.

"I just don't want anyone to see it. Please let it go." I told him and he shrugged.

"The guys wanted me to check up on you, to see how you are doing." He looked at me, concern written all over his face and I sighed. "Are you okay?" He asked and I shrugged, trying to be nonchalant about the whole situation.

"I'm fine, honestly. It's just like every other year." I told him and he looked at me with a raised eyebrow like he wasn't convinced. I quickly decided to change the topic.

"Besides, I had to meet Mr Olayiwola to know if there was any update on the art school's admission." I replied and he nodded in understanding.

"Have you told your dad about it yet?" He asked and I paused.