Chapter 13

Tiana's POV

"You didn't tell me you were coming home." I told Ciara for the umpteenth time since she came which has been an entire week. I expected her to come and go like always but it seemed like she was sticking around this time.

Great! Cue the sarcasm.

"Am I supposed to tell you I'm coming home. This house is mine as much as it's yours, baby sis. Plus, I wanted to surprise you." Ciara smiled.

"Well, you did surprise me." I muttered. She whined and came behind me wrapping her hands around my waist.

"You sound like you ain't happy to see me." She pouted. I shrugged her off and moved away.

"I didn't say that. I'm just surprised you are here, that's all. I was already getting accustomed to being at home all by my self." I told her.

"Still you don't sound to happy to see me. Plus you have been avoiding me since I came. Why?" She asked.

"I've just been really busy with school work and all. I'm in my finally year of high school, Ciara. I can't sit around and do nothing. I have to use my time well. You wouldn't know that. You dropped out of school and went off the grid. You are lucky mum and dad don't know." I told her and she frowned.

"They don't know because they never actually cared. I'm having the time of my life and I love what I'm doing now. It's fetching me a lot of money." She said, glaring at me.

"Being a stripper isn't a decent job. You go he with men every night to satisfy their bed. You can as well be a prostitute. There isn't much difference." I rolled my eyes.

"Okay...I really don't know what crawled up your ass this past months that I was away but you have changed because you never complained about me being a stripper. You even hailed me." She snapped.

"Well, things change, big sis." I replied her.

"Enough of this. You are probably stressed put or something. What's going on in school? How's our little plan on how to get Joel back to you going?" Her eyes flashed with mischief. I hissed and left the kitchen to go to the living room. She followed behind.

"Well..." She asked, urging me to tell her.

"I quit." I simply told her and I saw her widen her eyes. I looked away and focused on the TV

"You are joking." She said.

"I'm serious. I'm tired of sprawling a competition that is meaningless. I can't get Joel back and I'm definitely not trying to because it very obviously he is in love with Zaria. Besides what's the point?" I hissed again.

"You are just giving up, after everything. Wait...does your change of mind have to do with that Tyler dude. It definitely has to do with him, why am I even asking. You have been spending an awful lot of time with him and that's bullshit." She snarled at me.

"Ciara how is this doing you. It's my own life and my own choice. It doesn't concern you. This has nothing to do with Tyler, but what if it does? How is that your god damn business?" I snapped at her.

Ciara closed in on me and looked me in the eye, menacely. I could suddenly smell alcohol and cocaine in her breath and I scrunched my nose at the stench. It was strong.

Ciara is on drugs?! I thought, getting scared because if she was drugs, it makes her dangerous. She could go berserk and beat me to death, who knows

"So you now have the guts to defile my orders. You are becoming soft, Tiana and I would not have that. You will listen to whatever I say and you will follow everyone of my orders, you understand?!" She growled and I didn't answer.