Chapter Nine

LALISA MANOBAN (LISA/LALICE)

"Lalice."

I sat up on my bed, my hair messed up as I wiped the remaining drool on the side of my face. I went out of bed and did my daily routine, ignoring the muffled voices outside.

Ever since last night, I couldn't get my mind off of Jungkook. I don't know why! I can't even sleep properly because of that one small nickname he gave me! I'm screwed, I can't be normal anymore...

After cleaning up, I went out of the room and made my way towards the living room. The muffled sounds I heard earlier turned out to be the girl's having a talk. A serious one.

"Wait, are you saying he's gonna be executed?" I froze. What did they mean by that? Who's getting executed? Will it be me? No, they said he... Wait.. is it..?

My pace fastened. I went inside the living room and saw Jennie and Rosé sitting on the couch with their faces filled with panic. They looked like they were both in the verge of breaking down.

They didn't notice me, nor did I try to make them notice me. I continued to listen to the both of them silently.

"He's such an idiot," Jennie said, her voice now mixing with the tone of anger.

Just then, footsteps came from the hallway. My brown eyes came in contact with hazel ones. My mouth slightly hung open as I stared at Jisoo. I thought she didn't wanna see me after last night, I failed the mission.

But she didn't bother screaming at me like I thought. Instead, she looked at all of us and said, "Don't worry, he's not getting executed." And just when I thought everything was safe, she continued, ".. Yet."

"You're horrible, Chu." Rosé's voice was muffled. I looked at her, then noticed the plate of pancakes on her hands. I looked at the table and saw pancakes for all of us. I grabbed a plate and started eating as they all continued their talk.

"Not horrible, just stating the truth."

"But didn't you promise we're all gonna escape before getting executed?"

"I never promised anything." I felt Jisoo's gaze landing on me. She snapped her fingers in realization before walking towards me. "By the way, Lisa. Did you see anyone follow you guys last night?"

Follow?

"No. But I did see Jungkook glare at something before I closed the door," I told her. So they were talking about Jungkook earlier. That someone must have talked about us in the hallways and reported it.

"That idiot.." I heard Jisoo cursing silently. I gave her a questioning look before stuffing my mouth with the delicious pancakes that Jennie probably made.

"Oh, by the way! Jisoo, where were you last night?" Jennie asked.

"I was with Nakamoto. He reported about the incident with Lisa and Jungkook." Oh, that's right. Jisoo is the Student Council vice president. Her position is right next to Nakamoto's. They must be close at some point.

"Was V there?" Jennie asked another question.

Jisoo's lips pursed as she looked up, probably trying to think of what happened. "He brought me back to the dorm, he wasn't really there when Nakamoto was talking to me."

Jennie must be asking that because of V and Jisoo's relationship. I heard they weren't together yet, but they were so close to the point that it looked like they were going out.

"We better get going to class after breakfast." I nodded at Jisoo's statement. Ugh, I forgot about those.