2

I cleaned up and walked through the Falcone mansion. I remember this place, and my room full of event gowns. I entered the room and it was the exact way I left it. I walked to the walk in closet and swung the doors open. I pulled out a black shimmer gown with a leg slit on the leg that wasn't sliced into. Then I sat at the vanity and tried to fix my face. The scratch still stinging with any touch. 

I cursed under my breath as I finished my make up and stared at my face in the mirror. It had been a long time since I had make up on, since I sat in this spot, since I felt this pushed down and defeated. I was going to have to do this again, for God knows how long. I threw my hair into a messy bun but put some hair accessories in my hair. As i finished I heard a knock at the door, I looked over to see Victor, in a black tux. He gave a small smile and entered the room. 

"I am not going to apologize about earlier." He said. I nodded and stood walking over to him. I rested my hand on the side of his face and he leaned into it. I smiled and quickly dragged my fingernail across his cheek sharply, making an incision similar to mine on his face. He groaned and pushed my hand away. "Now we match." I smiled. His glared faded, knowing he hurt me worse. He didn't have to apologize, I could tell by his eyes he was sorry. 

He walked me to the car and we drove to some ballroom. It was a whole coordinated event full of Falcone's friends and the other people working for him. Many people said hello, others ignored my very existence. Victor and I saw side by side at a table in silence. Carmen sat to our right at the head of the table. I got nervous, shivering a bit. I felt victor's hand rest on my leg in a comforting way and he looked over at me. "I'm sorry I scratched your face." he said quietly. I smiled, "I thought you weren't apologizing for it?" I said, almost in a coo. "Just take it." He chuckled, motioning over a waiter. 

Victor ordered us drinks and we began talking about everything that happened over the last couple of years. He really seemed interested and maybe it was the alcohol, but I missed his voice. "So, if I am leaving my home, where am I staying now?" I asked. He shrugged and looked at Falcone. "Sir, where is Kate staying now that she is back in business in Gotham?" He asked. Falcone gave me a stern look. "I was going to say the mansion but I don't know if I can trust you. She can stay with you Zsasz." Victor looked back at me and smiled. "Sleepover." He said in a mocking tone.