16

I woke up at three in the morning, a sick feeling growing in my stomach. I made a pot of coffee and sat at the kitchen table with my cup in the dim light. My kitchen stove light was on but I left everything else off trying not to wake Victor.

As I sipped my coffee I head feet sliding across the carpet in the hallway and closed my eyes. Victor walked into the kitchen shirtless, scars adorned. "Hey, couldn't sleep?" he asked, sitting at the table with me and I opened my eyes slowly, matching his gaze. "I think you need to go." My voice was small and unconvincing. I didn't want him to go, I wanted him to stay. I wanted him to tell me he loved me no matter who I was and it didn't matter what personality I had, he just loved me. He looked sad for the first time in a long time. Genuinely heartbroken.

"Kate, I don't want you to change, I want you to be who you want to be. I just liked feeling like we were normal. Like you didn't look at me like a killer, I was just your guy." While his voice didn't waver, it was dense and even though he was sitting in front of me, it was hard to hear him. "You want me to be submissive to you." I said, swallowing the lump in my throat. The corner of his mouth lifted into a smirk and I threw the stirring spoon I had on the table at him. "Not like that Zsasz!" We both broke out into a small chain of laughs. "See like that, I love you. But I love the you that isn't extreme. You're down to earth with a touch of crazy." He didn't ditch his smile. It still tugged at his lips. "Did you say you loved me?" I asked, my heart stopped.

He leaned back in his chair. "If I did do I get to kiss you?" he asked, like this was a business deal. "Maybe." I said, leaning back in my chair to mock his pose. He got up and walked over to my side of the table, kneeling down on one knee. "Kate Manningfield, I love you more than anything. More than my job, more than my ambitions, more than anything. I want to stay with you forever, and I will accept any version of you that wants to do that." He said, as I began tearing up. I nodded and stiffed out the best I could "I love you too."

So I decided to make this the last chapter to this story. I may consider doing a second book for it but I'm not sure yet. Make sure you follow and request stories so I have stuff to write! Hope you guys loved it!