7

After being patched up by the doc and given some meds I sat in the jail cell shaking my head. I was pissed. I knew something stupid like this would happen when I came back out hear. I looked up at the cops staring at me. "So who are you? Why were you with Victor Zsasz?" Bullock asked walking up to my cell. "Old friends." I said with a sarcastic smile. "But who are you? You're not one of his henchmen are you?" He asked. I laughed out loud at the idea of Zsasz being my boss. "God no, ever heard of Kate Manningfield?"

Harvey's eyes went dull and he stared at me for a second. "How did we not find you until now?" He spat. "What's so dangerous about her?" A cop asked from across the station. Harvey turned and I stood up and walked behind him. "In one year her stats were one person below Zsasz's. She was the second biggest killer in Gotham." Everyone turned to face me and just before Harvey said another word the GCPD's doors swung open and in walked Zsasz and Falcone walked in.

"We're here to get our mutt from the pound." Falcone chimmed, walking up to Gordon. "It's gonna take a little more than that." Gordon said. Falcone and Zsasz both pulled guns and everyone froze. "Give her back." Zsasz said. "She's in police custody, come back when we post bail." Jim laughed. I cleared my voice and tapped on the metal bars. "Actually, I could sue you when I ask for a lawyer since you never actually arrested me. I was never read my rights and technically what you did was called armed kidnapping." Jim looked at Harvey and both rolled their eyes, releasing me from the cell. I swayed walking out. "I think you owe me some guns." I said, as Jim reached in his desk. He handed them back and escorted me out.

When we got in Falcone's car the driver began to head to Falcone's mansion I pulled my shirt up and inspected the bullet wound that weaved through my ribcage. Zsasz gave me a sympathetic look. "When we get back we will have the family doctor take a look and patch you up a little better." Falcone said dryly. I nodded and stared out my window blankly. I hated being back in this game.

At the mansion I was laid back on a table in a doctors room in the far wing of the Falcone mansion. We were alone and he was doing an ultrasound to see any internal damage. "Oh good." He said eagerly. I hummed as to ask what and kept my eyes closed. "It didn't even disturb the baby." My eyes shot up. "Oh no no, I'm not pregnant." He gave me a loon and pointer to a tiny blob on the screen. "You are, right there, that's a baby." I froze looking at the blob. It was so little. I felt tears pour over my cheeks and the doctor stayed silent as he cleaned me up and left the room. I cried and screamed into the pillow on the bed. How was I pregnant. It was one night.

That night I went home with Zsasz and was quiet. He didn't pry, he just drove and helped me inside. I didn't want to tell him. Not him or Falcone. I could still do my job, and just be careful and then when I could eventually go home I would raise it, alone. Zsasz isn't necessary the dad type. He kills people and I use to, and whatever love/hate child I'm having deserves better then that. I would lay low, and keep it as long as I could a secret.