14

The next day was silent. I woke up and showered and did not think of Victor. Okay that's a lie, I did think about him, a lot actually. I just don't understand how he expects me to act like I don't want to do this when here we are, in Gotham of all places. I heard a knock at the door. "One minute!" I yelled while getting dressed. If he didn't like this version of me, then he could go a little longer without me. I looked through the peep hole and it was covered. I rolled my eyes and swung the door open. 

Before I could react, the intruder threw a bag over my head and what felt like numerous people surrounded me. I felt rope tie my arms back and the room fell quiet of hushed mumbled. "Aha! Kate, how lovely to finally meet you." The voice was a mans but slightly high. I was confused, "Do I know you?" I asked, taken back. There was a scoff. "Oh no, maybe not now. But you will." I tried to fight back  but whoever was holding the rope to my arms just made it tighter. I was marched outside and thrown into a car, hearing many doors shut following mine I assumed it was someone with an army. 

The drive to wherever we were going felt like an eternity. I was pulled from the car and rushed inside a building. By how our footsteps echoed, it was a big room, maybe City Hall considering the drive length. I felt the ropes loosen but I was immediately put in a chair and cuffed to it. I recited what Zsasz taught me in my head. I didn't like him right now but if he could help me I'd take it. Zsasz always told me to PUSH. It was an acronym. Physical (fight), Understand, Seduce, and Hierarchy. Try to fight them off, I did it didn't work. Understand, empathize and find their weak spot. Seduce and get them to trust you and let you in close, and finally Hierarchy. Climb their latter and get to their boss. 

I felt someone walk up behind me and pull the bag from my head. I looked around at maybe 20 men with guns aimed at me head. There was one man however who was standing, leaning against his desk, staring at me like a zoo animal. Penguin. "Oswald, I've heard so much about you." I smiled. He mocked a smile. "I am sure you have from your boyfriend, Zsasz right?" I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, I guess someone could call it that." my tone was bitter, more than I expected it to be. His eyes shot back to mine and he hummed. Suspiciously. 

"Well I am sure you're wondering why you're here, clearly willingly." He laughed. I shrugged with another small smile, this was entertaining. "You see Kate, we have monitored Zsasz for so long, he worked for me briefly. And now, there is another fighter in the arena, you." He said pointing to me. I smiled wider, "best in the game." he smiled and nodded. "I need you to do me some favors. That is all, but I knew if I asked you in your free state you may deny and kill my men. So what will it be?" He asked. "And what do I get out of it?" I asked. He rolled his eyes, "immunity from my forces and how does access to my club as you see fit sound?" I smiled and shook at my ropes. He motioned for the guard to cut them and everyone took a step back. I stood when I was released and reached out for Oswald's hand. "Deal." I said.