6

The phone was ringing. We were both winded but the phone was ringing. Zsasz got it and leaded against the wall. "Yes, yeah she's still here, yes sir." He said hanging up. "We have a job." he said walking to his closet to get clothes. He threw me some and we got dressed. Heading out was quiet. I did miss him and I didn't regret that. He was the same ole Zsasz I left here years ago and I knew it wasn't healthy just to walk in and pick up where we left off, but it seemed to be my only option. 

We got in the car minutes later and drove to Falcone's mansion. He gave Victor and I the run down on the junkie that had been messing with Falcone's weapon shipments. We were told to handle it. I hadn't been on a kill in a while but it was hard to forget the sensation of cold metal between your hands and knowing what you were going to do with it. Luckily, I was back up. Zsasz did most of the dirty work on this run. 

We sat on top of one of the buildings, the sun still coming up. The warmth felt nice on my face and I closed my eyes, feeling like I was back at home, in the woods again. I opened my eyes and looked over at Victor. He was staring down at his gun and fidgeting with some add-on he put on it. "So what's it like back there anyway? Lonely?" I swear this man could read my mind sometimes. "What? No. It didn't get too bad. I missed you and some of the people we use to know, but I didn't miss the constant buzz. It was peaceful." He nodded, looking up, the sun hitting his eyes. "You'd like it there." I said, smiling. He shrugged the idea away and went back to looking at his gun. 

We heard voices below and we jumped up to look at where we expected our target to emerge. Unfortunately, the saw us and shot. It had been a while since I was in this situation but the instincts kicked in. I shot and ran onto the other roof, chasing the remaining target. I jumped down into an alley and tackled the guy. He pulled a knife and I backed up with a laugh, "You should put that away." I said smiling. "And why would I do that?" He scoffed. "Because you're not making him very happy.." I said with another smile, pointing up. The man turned around to see Zsasz standing on the roof staring down at him. 

Zsasz hopped off the roof and walked over to us. "Were you troubling my lady friend here?" He said in a tisking tone. "No!" The man said raising his hands. Before the teasing could continue I shot the man and he fell to the ground. "Hey I was going to take that one." Zsasz pouted, putting his gun away. I rolled my eyes and began walking back to the car. I was tired already and wanted to relax. As we rounded the corner, shot poured out and one hit me in the stomach. I felt someone pulling me into a car and I tried to fight back but was weak in effort. I could hear Victor yelling but he didn't get to me in time and the car was driving off. 

When I focused I was in a police car. "Who are you?" I asked, grunting trying to press pressure on my wound. It wasn't going to kill me but it was still painful. The man in the passenger seat turned and flashed his badge. "Harvey Bullock and Detective Jim Gordon. You're in police custody for the direct murder of three men." I nodded and leaned back against the seat. When we got to the station they opened my door and I pulled out my guns. They both drew their guns and aimed them at my head. I rolled my eyes and sat the guns on the trunk of the police car. "Relax, I'm a law abiding citizen." I said, putting my hands behind my back and turning away from them. "What? Aren't you going to cuff me?" I felt the metal cuffs hit my wrists and Gordon began walking me inside.