4

The sterile smell of Zsasz's apartment was sterile as I woke up. I almost forgot where I was. When I started to come to I opened my eyes to see flesh. Light, warm, toned flesh. Scars littered it and I traced a few of them before I really woke all the way up. I stopped tracing them and my hand hovered about his chest hoping he wasn't awake. 

"Hey don't stop that felt good." He said. His morning voice made me sit up fast. "I'm sorry." I said pulling myself back in bed. He previously had his arm around me as I slept on his bare chest. I needed the human contact but at the same time, it was Zsasz. A friend, we talked about the whole cutesy thing a long time ago, it wouldn't work out. We always flirted but this time I was here on different circumstances. This is not what I was brought here for. 

He leaned his head back on his pillow, "And here I was thinking you were coming around again." He had his eyes closed and a small smile was dancing on his lips. "It wasn't intentional." I grunted, getting out of bed. I did miss him, and for that small moment it brought me back to where we once were. But now I know where I am, I know how I have changed and I know falling in love with him again isn't an option. He looked over at me and I wasn't sure where to go or what to do. "I don't have any jobs today so there isn't anywhere to be." he said. I nodded, not sure what to do. "So get back in bed and rest." I nodded again and crawled back in bed. 

"Look, I still care about you. You're still my best friend and I am glad I brought you back. It's nice having you here again." He said surely. I nodded but didn't acknowledge most of what he said. I couldn't. I know I would fall for it again. He would pull me in and I wouldn't be able to leave, even when I could. "Vic.." I began but before I could finish he rolled over on his side to look at me. "Kate, enough. No more excuses. If you really wanted to leave we both know you'd be gone by now." I looked down at the sheets and messed with them with my fingers. "Look at me." We made eye contact and I got mad. Very mad. 

In one move, I pinned him under me and put my arm like a bar across his neck. He gulped and looked up at me, emotionless. "You kidnapped me! You stabbed me! Now you're acting like this is suppose to be my normal again! And like an IDIOT I'll fall for it because I still love you!" I yelled, not noticing I was crying. He reached up and wiped my tears away, but didn't say anything. I hit the pillows beside his head on either side and squeezed my eyes shut. I felt him sit up and move me down on his lap so I was sitting in his lap and he was eye level with me. "Kate, look at me." My eyes focused on him and he moved his face forward, leaning his forehead against mine. I breathed in and pulled myself off the side of the bed. "No. No I'm not doing this."