12

Me and Vic have been electric. I am almost back on my A game and everything has been amazing. The closer I get back to my roots the better I am at my job. I moved everything into an apartment down the street and Vic and I stayed back and forth with each other, we were never separate. 

Falcone had a job and we both jumped on it. So here we are playing the parts of two "henchmen" for Falcone ready to meet an arms dealer and his men. They began filing into the tight office space and it was more than I thought of. Easily fifteen men, against just me and Zsasz. Victor began talking and was smooth with his words but not too smooth, just enough to sound like he was repeating Falcone's script. 

The arms dealers fell for it and started bringing the guns in by case loads. Once they had everything inside, I picked one up of the heavy machinery guns. "Hey girl, put that down, no one wants to lose a foot cuz you thought it was pretty." One of the henchmen barked. I shot a glare and he took a step towards me. "Hey.. Did ya hear me sweetheart?"  he said snapping in my face. I chuckled a bit, still holding onto the gun. "Ya I heard ya, but I'm not your sweetheart." I smiled, raising the gun. It was quick and like a wave. Before I knew it the only people standing were me and Zsasz. "Whoo look at my girlfriend." Vic said, doing a little fist pump. I smiled and placed the gun back in the crate.

I forgot what it felt like to do something like this so quickly. The adrenaline, knowing how big payday would be. It was a weight but a different kind, not of guilt but of self recognition. I felt my mindset changing, I knew Zsasz was loving every second of this and a part of me was too. Suddenly, those years of vacancy were dwindling in the back of my mind. Spreading thin over my memory. It was little more than a daydream that stuck longer than usual, and just like that I lost the self I worked so hard to achieve, and I was back.