Chapter 8

Someone was banging my door as if they wanted to find it down, I tried ignoring the loud banging with no success.  I turned to my side and groaned loudly before scratching my hand to take my phone and look at the time.

It was six in the morning.  I groaned louder contemplating on the many ways I would kill the person at the door. I slid off bed and groggily walked to the door, yanking it open with such force I thought it would fly off its hinges.

"Nicole!" I scolded her quickly turning and walking to my bed where I just threw myself closing my eyes in the process and trying to go back to sleep.

"Wake up sleepy head" Nicole whispered in my eyes.

"No!" I said trying to burry myself deep in my covers.

"Come, I will pick out an outfit for you." She said walking into my closet and minutes later she was back throwing clothes at me.

I sat up and looked at her as if I would jump her and beat her to a pulp.

"You don't scare me, "she says giggling." put that on. "She said sitting on the bed.

I slowly grabbed the grey legging, black sports bra and a pink vest. I went to the bathroom stomping my foot,  when I got there I peed then washed my face before taking off my nights and wearing the clothes Nicole had nicely picked out for me.  I put my nights in the washing basket and walked out.

"Here are your socks and sneakers." she said.
I took the docks and pulled them on along with the shoes before standing up straight.

"Where are we going?" I asked lazily.

"Jogging of course," she said before walking out of my room.  We took the elevator down and then walked out of the house.  The sun was about to rise, the sky was beautiful with painted by these bright kaleidoscope lights; pink, blue, orange.

As soon as I stepped outside a swift cold breeze blew causing my hair to fly backwards as I took a deep breath with a shiver going through my body.  I could hear the waves from the sea as the clashed against the rocks on the beach, I could hear the birds singing their morning lullaby, and I could smell the sweet scent of flowers covered in morning dew.

Nicole took running off heading to the direction of the garden,  I followed her then caught up as we both ran in silence taking in the beauty all around us as the harsh breeze caressed our cheeks turning them crimson whilst our hair bounced up and down.
My cluster of feelings and thought seemed to disappear one by one as I jumped up and down wafting through the air; the sadness, the heartache, the fear and doubt seemed to vanish as I let go of my body feeling light.

We passed the gardens; flowers damp with dew looking beautiful while butterflies flew all around flapping their colourful wings.  I took a deep breath taking the sweet scent as it calmed me inside, the flowers looked even more magical with the light of morning.

My body felt warm all of a sudden, I felt the pull of the muscles as I pushed my body on and on.  I felt sweat break on my forehead making some hairs to stick on my face causing an irritation on my hot skin.
I felt alive again, I felt normal as if nothing could touch me as long as I kept running.  I felt a peace.
We neared the stream, running on wet green grass now while taking in the sight of the cascading waters while fog rose from them.  The water we're running too just like we were singing their on song as they engraved rocks, covering them up.

The sun had started to rise sending its golden rays all over signing bright as if smiling upon us.  I could only see part of it and it looked amazing.  It seemed like we were running with nature. The beauty all around me was something I had never seen and I made it a point to just tuck the picture deep in a safe place in my mind.

We ran down the stream going where it led up and after a long while I could see an outline of tall green pine trees. We continued running following the stream which went through the forest.  We ran in the tiny forest following a path, it was dark in there; the trees shading us from the beaming sun.  There we're birds chirping while flapping their wings enjoying the beautiful morning as we did. I couldn't help but smile on that beautiful morning.  It was not a fake smile but a genuine smile which I hadn't had in a long time and I hadn't even realized how much of myself I had lost.

I tickled through the mud my feet sinking in it causing my black Nikes to dirty.

Nicole was leading the way but she seemed distant too like she was deep in her own thoughts.  I liked her, she was nice and just knew when to be quiet.  I already knew that I would be heartbroken when she left.

We finally ran through the forest coming out to dry sand covered by pebbles from the sea. We ran near on the beach towards the sea waters before turning right and running at the edge where the cold water met the land.

There was this loud sound of the waves as they ran their cause and died near the edge.  Finally Nicole stopped and took a deep breath before slumping down on the ground.  I came to a halt and just say next to her heaving from the long run as we both looked to the sea quietly enjoying the beautiful morning.

I watched the sun rise to its fullest its golden colour reflect on the water which splashed just near us.  It was such a breath taking sight that I felt like I was in paradise.  I turned to look at Nicole whose face was just red from the harsh breeze.

"This is my favourite place in this whole island." She said as she looked far in the sea.

We were both drenched in sweat, trying to catch our breaths.

"I first came here the day our parents died wanting so bad to get away from Klaus, trying to get away from everything.  He had chased me here trying to comfort me but I was just so blinded by heartache so much that I told her words which no human should ever hear from their sibling." She said pushing her hair back.

I stayed quiet not sure of what to say.  I never had siblings to comfort so I just sat there staring at the waves as the broke causing water to splash all over our feet.

Nicole finally turned towards me "I am so glad that my brother has you. He's a good guy." She said before looking away.

I opened my mouth and closed it then opened it again only to close it.  I wanted to tell her that her brother and I were not dating but didn't know how.
"Sorry to babble about myself, you must think I am crazy, how did you and my brother meet?" She asked sniffing.

"Aahhhh.... "I didn't know what to say "We are not dating." I finally said hastening.

"What?" she looked shocked.

"Klaus and I are not dating." I said back.

She was too stunned to say anything and just stared at me with a gaping mouth.

"Oohh sorry, I just assumed..." She paused shaking her head." wow, sorry," she continued saying.

"He's just helping me out." I said out loud causing Nicole to raise an eyebrow.

"Really now" she said not believing me.

"Yeah, " I said back causing her to smile and look away.

It had me wondering in a way why Klaus would be so nice to me and just help me.  He was not forced to take us in but he just did that and even swore to protect my baby and me.

I looked to the sea telling myself that maybe he just felt sorry for us.  There was no other explanation.

"Okay, let's get back." Nicole said standing up before helping me up as we turned and just ran back from where we came from.