Chapter 25

I stole one glance convincing myself that this was the last one. I tried reading the book in my hand, the first line was as far as I could get with my absent mind thinking of nothing but the man that sat next to me. He wore a white shirt of which most of his chest was showing; he was hot and he was ignorant to how he affected me. I mean how can I do anything when he was looking so darn fine. I shook my head trying to clear it and get back to my book but who was I fooling; it was just a façade as I stole glances now and again. I grinned reminiscing on when he got out of the closet buttoning his shirt.

"Copying are we now?" The words had fallen out of my mouth, his eyes had flicked towards me before he went back to the task again of making sure his shirt was well tucked in. I watched him busy himself with the socks and sneakers, I watched every muscle move out of place only to tug back in. I watched the way he moved his fingers, so delicately and gracious. He did not just wonder without direction but every step had been pre-planned with him not wasting more time. When he was done he had took a quick glance at himself in the mirror only to be ambushed by none other than myself as I held the phone snapping the picture before he could object.

"I do not like taking pictures." it had been his remark as he frowned but I was happy as I looked at it to see that it was clear and absolutely beautiful. I had wanted to linger more on it but his eyes were on me thus I tucked the phone away in my back pocket.

"Oohh, don't be like that, I am sure you will be the one begging me to send it to you." I said nudging his arm.

He had burst out laughing then quickly went quiet "don't hold your breath."

"I am feeling offended." I had said pouting with my arms crossed on my chest.

"Sorry, Moye Serdste." he said pulling me in his arms and crushing me in a warm hug. I wrapped my arms around him never getting enough of him.

"We have to go Harley, we are late already and I am never late." he gave me an accusing look.

"Come on, I am not to blame. You the one busy at staring yourself in the mirror." I defended.

"Harley," his voice was firm with a warning as clear as day.
"Okay, I am sorry." I said as we untangled from each other.

He had took his phone leading us out of the room.

I stole another glance at him, he sat behind the driver with a laptop on the tiny table that could be unfolded from the back of the driver's seat. All that was heard in the car was his constant tapping on the keyboard. He was so fast and the hands worked like magic, at times I would not even see them as they were too fast. I imagined them all over my body igniting a flame that had long died. I shook my head again trying to get the dirty thought out of my head.

Once again I read the first line promising myself that this time I would concentrate,

'Catherine could feel his accusing eyes clawing at her back, she could feel the anger they carried, could imagine the  ...'

I closed the book shut giving up, I placed it back in my bag then sat back looking out of the window watching the trees floating away. My mind could not help but drift to those creepy scenes in movies where the young girl sees a ghost staring back at her in the midst of the trees. I looked hard and deep to see if I would see anything creepy staring back at me, a minute after I gave up blowing out some air. I wished the window was opened so I could feel the cool wind kiss my skin, so I could feel it brush against my skull as my hair went floating in every direction but I could not for safety purposes. I sat back then decided to check on Czarina who was tucked in the car seat.

My eyes lingered as I watched in shook, I stared for so long that Klaus had noticed and turned to look.

"I guess she loves cars." Klaus said as he went back to his work.

I nodded while staring at the baby who was far from sleep. I did not know when she woke up but it seemed as if it had been a while. Her eyes were wide open as she stared ahead as if not wanting to miss a thing. She was staring at the sky through the dim sunroof and every now and then when a bird passed she would grin in excitement. I did not want to kill her fun so I let her be, constantly checking on her.

"How much further?" I asked.

"Patience my love." he replied.
"You said that two hours ago, my patience is running thin." I said only for him to not even spare me a glance.

"Klaus please do not do that, I hate it when you do that." I said, I was practically being ignored purposefully and I had let it go three times already.

He turned and looked at me, like fully look at me then turned back and continued typing.

He just did it again, I thought to myself as my anger bubbled until I felt like my ears would go in flames so I slapped his laptop shut then sat back in my chair, arms folded in my chest as my eyes looked out at the trees. He did not make a sound but he had not opened his laptop again, it went so quiet in the car I started getting anxious. What was he doing? Why was he not doing anything? Did I overreact? Was I wrong?

I should apologize, I thought to myself but darn, my pride was having none of it so I sat there craning my neck looking at those darn trees when all I wanted to look at was him. The sound of tapping made me want to break something. He had just blown me off again without even a simple sorry. Maybe I was blowing it out of proportion. The road started to get narrow and it was quite bumpy. I looked around and all that could be seen were trees, trees and more trees... I wondered where we were going. We had left civilization an hour ago. I had to admit though, as creepy as it was, it was also beautiful, the forest was dense and green, tall trees dancing to the wind. The car came into a halt and the driver soon stepped out of it, my eyes stared eagerly as I saw a black massive steel gate and a stone wall hiding everything that was within. The gate soon opened and the driver slipped back in the car then drove in as the gate closed behind us, even on the inside of the compound the trees went on and on, birds were singing their beautiful song on this cloudy day in Canada. Twenty minutes later we stood before the cutest cabin I had ever seen, it was fairly sized with a garden of roses just in front of it with a stone pathway leading to the porch. There was a swing in the porch hanging from the roof.

Klaus led the way as the driver unloaded our stuff. The door was unlocked and soon we were inside. The lights turned on and I gasped holding Czarina to my chest. From outside you would think it was just cute but in the inside it was so fancy you would think you went inside the wrong house. I could see from the door-the living room where there was a leather brown couch for three people with a fur rug on the floor and a wooden coffee table in the middle. There was a fire place just beneath the huge TV. Bean bags were here for more sitting area and there with other decorations in place. I could also see the heavily equipped kitchen with the double door mirror fridge, the large black stove and many more. The house was warm and clean as if someone had been sent to make sure everything was in order. I followed as Klaus went up the wooden stairs, we got to the second floor which was the last floor. He took a turn and opened a door. I followed in suite and it was a nursery for Czarina. There was white crib at the middle of the room and next to it was a rocking chair and a table, I could make out the door to the bathroom and one to the closet. The floor was covered in a pink carpet while glowing white and pink stars hung from the roof glowing all around the room for when it was dark. I placed Czarina in the crib and pulled the pink blanket that I found in there to cover her before kissing her forehead and turning to have a good look at the room.

My eyes fell on Klaus who looked at me, he seemed as if he was miles away. I took a step towards him and when I got in front of him I just wrapped my arms around his waist. He stood there frozen in place. I tightened my arms around his waist getting as close as I could to him. After a few seconds he slowly wrapped his arms around my neck before burying his nose in my hair and we stayed like that for minutes as the world seemed to blur around us while we both were stuck in our thoughts.

I was worried and each passing minute my heart ached, I wondered what worried Klaus to the point whereby his cage seemed rattled. Klaus always had his cool and straight face but now he seemed somehow shaken. He pulled back and stared at my face giving me a weak smile which I returned in turn. With me tucked under his arm we made our way down to find that the second car had arrived with more of our things and some of the main house staff who were to unpack everything. The two cars had taken separate routes from the airport as a precaution. For the next hour the house was buzzing with all the people unloading things, packing and unpacking this and that here and there. When they were all done they all went out saying their goodbyes and waving as they got in the cars. I stood next to Klaus as I waved back with him talking to Igor who had been our driver. Soon after both cars were heading down the gravel road with the gates closing behind them leaving us with the house all to ourselves.

"We are alone, this will be interesting." I said as we turned back and closed the door.

He pulled me in his arms and locked me in his embrace.

"I am sorry for how I acted in the car." he said.

"Its okay," I replied, he then leaned in and kissed my forehead.

"Let me make us dinner, why don't you go take a nice bath?"

"I could help with the dinner." I stated.

"No, moye sardste, leave that all to me. I am sure you are dead tired from the journey. "He said.

"I want to help please "I replied giving him my puppy eyes.
He just shook his head with a ghost of a smile on his face and I knew I had won. I smiled back getting more and more concerned, my heart started beating faster in my chest; something was wrong.

"So what should I do?" I asked.

"There are mushrooms in the fridge so please just wash them up then chop small cubes of onions." he said as he disappeared in the pantry. I went straight for the fridge and took out the mushrooms.

"Please bring the onions for me there" I shouted as I went for the vegetable sink which was on the kitchen island.

Soon I felt something being pulled over my head so I stood still and then it was tied around my waist. I looked down to see a black apron. I did not even hear him approach me, his steps were so light he did not make a sound when moving.

"Really is this necessary?" I asked laughing.

"We do not want you getting wet and dirty now do we?"

I just shook my head and continued washing the mushrooms. I soon heard water from the tap of the main kitchen sink. After he was done washing his hands I then heard some clicking, as curious as I was, I turned to see that the fridge glass now displayed a lot of things like the weather and other things. Klaus was typing fast on the door and soon the kitchen was filled with a lovely sound which was calming, it was not too loud as to not wake the baby and the song was completely unknown to me as I was sure it was a classical. I soon forgot about that as my eyes hungrily stared at Klaus who was so fine in the black apron he wore with a towel resting on this shoulder. He looked so hot and as if he had been picked from a magazine and placed right in this kitchen. The sleeves of his shirt were neatly rolled up his arms showing his hard muscles.

"Harley,"

"Mmhh,"

"Harley,"

"Ye....s" I replied shaking my head out of the daze.
His eyes drifted to the floor where I found I had dropped a couple of the mushrooms I had been holding.

"Oohh, darn, thank you." I said picking them up and soon threw them in the bin feeling beads of sweat collecting on my forehead.

I turned back to washing the mushrooms and concentrating on the song as to drown out the sexual thoughts that plagued my poor mind. Klaus was so hot, sexy and gorgeous guys. How can a man be this perfect, how can he be this loving and caring while having a face so handsome he would literally get away with anything? How could he have a body only the Gods should have? Where had this man been all my life? How could I live without him now as he was my drug?