Chapter 28

I stirred in my sleep only for a moan to escape my lips, images from last night rushing to remind me of all the dirty things that took place. A smile spread across my face as my arm extended to the other side of the bed only to come up short. My eyes shot open in disappointment as I scanned the bed only to confirm that I was alone. The curtains had been pulled open with the sunlight streaming in kissing my skin with the promise of a wonderful day. My heart sank as the room carried no sign of Klaus, I fell back into bed with the thought that I should probably get up but that was cut up short as the sound of a swinging door was heard.

I sat up only for a wide grin to spread across my face.

"Morning beautiful," His voice was the best thing to hear when from sleep.

I smiled helplessly and found myself looking at my interlocked fingers suddenly shy as he only had shorts on. I looked back up and grinned harder. Czarina was held tightly up his chest where she lay her head bathed and fresh for a new day while on the other hand Klaus carried a tray with two plates carrying all sorts of food.

"Morning," I said back shyly.

He sat the tray down on the side table then stood up only to stare at me with such deep emotions that I could not help but blush and shy away.

"You so beautiful and I love my marks all over your body." His hoarse voice sending goose bumps all over my body. My eyes trailed over my arms only for me to gasp, I looked over the sheet only to see hickies and bite marks covering my skin, my cheeks flushed only for a smirk to be plastered on his face, happy of his masterpiece. Looking up at him I could see he had his own all over his neck and chest causing mama to feel proud.

I looked over to Czarina who had clung to Klaus; I guess we were both deep under this man's spell.  They seemed so cute together and I could not help but capture the moment and tuck it deep in my mind.

"How is she this morning?" I asked.

"Grumpy, she is so quiet it worries me." He replied looking down at our angel. Czarina was quite small compared to other babies her age but that was to be expected with her being premature, she also weighed next to nothing which worried me to no end.

"Maybe she is hungry." I said walking towards him with the sheet wrapped around my body making a trail behind me. My lower region was quite sore along with my whole body and I was just so tired overall. Pushing all that aside, I was shocked to see that Czarina was awake. I had thought she was asleep by the way her body was still and tucked on Klaus's chest. Her eyes were wide open seeming bored, she was not scanning the room or anything and as soon as I stood in her line of sight she just blinked and continued staring as if I was of no interest.  She was so down it tugged on my heart.

"I feed her the last bottle, she barely drank it down." Klaus said worry lacing his voice.

"Hey baby," I said smiling and walking closer only to place her favourite kisses all over her face but she did not even smile, just blinked and stared at me with no interest.

I opened my arms and tried to take her only for her to cry. I quickly removed my arms as she curled deeper into Klaus's arms. Klaus wrapped both arms around her and cooed her but she did not stop crying. Her cries got louder and louder as panic rose inside me. What was happening to my baby? Klaus was whispering reassuring soft words to her while brushing her but nothing worked. Czarina cried so loud and hard, cried ask if someone had just smacked her with death looming over.

A tear slid down my cheek followed by another as I did not know what to do. I was as scared as I watched her body shake violently from her wrecking cries. More tears slid down as I could not help my own sobs, I felt this pain deep inside my womb as I watched my angel. I took a step towards Klaus "Please don't cry baby," the words left my lips to only disappear in thin air. Czarina's cries seemed to get louder and louder until I thought I would die from heart ache.

Klaus walked over to me and draped an arm around my shoulder only to draw me to his chest right next to Nikita. Her face was red, eyes already swollen. I moved closer to her so that our heads were touching as we both cried with me begging her to stop crying. Klaus was now cooing both of us with his gentle voice.

"I am sorry baby but please..." I trailed off as a sob hit me. It broke me to see her like this, I felt so helpless not knowing where she was hurting. I felt like I failed her, I know I did.

After a horrid ten minutes her cries went lower and lower until they finally died down. Her eyes closed shut as her chest went up and down faster than normal. I brushed her back as I muffled my own cries.
"We need to get her to a hospital." I blurted out.

Concern was written over Klaus's face as I said that and I saw and understood why.

"Let's call our doctor first, is that okay?" He suggested only for me to nod my head.

He pulled his phone from his pocket and dialled a number only to pause. A minute after he was telling the doctor all that had happened as I watched him intently hoping to get from his expression what the doctor was saying. He carefully slipped his hand from the phone only for it to be replaced by his shoulder. His hand went to Czarina's lips were he lifted the lips to look and then he continued talking to the doctor.

My hands were shaking imaging all bad things that could be happening.

Klaus soon cut the call and looked towards me.

"He says she is just teething," he said as I stared at him with glasses in my eyes imaging how painful that could be for a baby.

"He says it is not that painful but can cause discomfort and because of this discomfort it may cause her to not eat, spill out lots of drool, cry and be restless. He would write up prescriptions for us to buy but he highly recommended us to not buy any pills since she is premature and has a low immune system, we do not know how she would react to them."

I looked at him in horror with my hands on my mouth. Klaus pulled me in his chest where I lay my head in worry.

"So we should just let her suffer." I said shaking my head. I promised my baby that she would be safe and not suffer but here she was crying herself to sleep. Another tear escaped as Klaus held me tight in his embrace being strong for all of us. I wiped my tears away then stepped back.

"If you tired you can place her on the bed looking down, I am going to take a shower quick and will come back to take her please." I said.

"You do not have to ask Harley." Klaus said as I nodded and walked back to him and placed a soft kiss on his lips before leaving.
I walked into the shower and washed up as soon as I could while holding back my tears. I got out and rushed to the room to apply some lotion then pulled on the first shorts I could find with a black t-shirt. I tied my hair in a bun then ran out of the room to the nursery to take the front baby carrier and blanket then ran back to the main room. when I walked in I realized that Klaus was still holding the baby not lifting his eyes from her as if she would disappear, worry was written all over his face and it suddenly hit me that he was also hurting too at the sight of Czarina like this. As soon as he heard me, he raised his head masking away his emotions and I had to give him a thumps up for doing it so well.

My legs carried me to my man where I laced my arms around his neck careful not to wake the baby.

"She will be okay, she is strong just like you." He nodded his head as I stole one last glance from Czarina. My heart pounded in my chest. 'I was the luckiest person on earth to have such two amazing people in my life'.

I fumbled with the baby carrier trying to figure out how to set it right as I had never used it before. When I was done Klaus placed the baby on my chest only for her to stir and cry out then go back to sleep which I would have found funny if not for the situation. I strapped her in with Klaus's assistance, the blanket was then tucked on both sides of the carrier to make sure she was warm.

"Klaus, " I called as he had been walking to the bathroom. I walked towards him slowly adjusting to the weight of Czarina on my chest.

I stood in front of him only for him to hold my head and place a soft kiss on my forehead leading to my eyes automatically closing to savour the feeling.

"Thank you for everything you have done, I do not know where we would be without you. I love you so much." I said with our foreheads leaning against each other while he stared into my eyes.

"I love you too Harley," My breath hitched, heart skipping a beat as it was the first time he said those words directly. A tear of happiness slipped down my cheek only for him to kiss it causing me to giggle just a little.

"Now go take a shower you skink," I said jokingly as I laughed with him grinning.

He stepped back to the room from his shower to find me having attempted to make the bed.

"That is awful," he said not hiding anything.

I will not lie, that hurt but I knew he just spoke his mind so he did not do it intentionally. He walked on to the closet and came out fully dressed with black tight fitting shorts showing his massive package and he also had a blue golf t-shirt on top. He went straight to the bed and redid it as I sat on the couch eating grapes watching him work his way around the bed and when he was done it was so neat I could not help but flush in shame. His long drool worthy legs strolled towards me where he took a seat next to me taking a peak on the sweating Czarina then sitting back with the glass of orange juice and a slice of bread in his hand.

When he was done his arm came around my shoulder to draw me closer to him.

"Dear Hun, what will we do with ourselves today?" He asked with a wicked grin on his face.