Chapter 40

It had been ten minutes now since I had been awake and what I could tell was that I was in some kind of prison hospital, my hands were cuffed and everything hurt. I closed my eyes, heart controlled to not alarm those around me. In the room there was another person who sat to my right breathing heavily. Her scent got my nostrils flaring, making my heart to want to skip a beat but I held myself, this was too good to be true.

Sniffles was all that was heard in the cramped room besides the sound of the heart monitor. What was happening here? I had gotten everything I could and it was now time to see what waited for me here.

My eyes peeled open only for me to close them as fast as I had opened them. I groaned, my eyes having been brutalised just seconds ago. I opened them again as everything came into focus, the bulb on the ceiling, the white ceiling, the cupboard walls.

"Klaus," The voice came as the person besides me took my hand squeezing it firmly.

"Klaus," The voice came again capturing my attention as I turned to face this person everything seeming too good to be true.

Harley.

She looked like she had been to hell and back, her whole face seemed to have been rearranged. Her lips were quivering as tears streamed down her face.

"What happened?" I asked sitting up, ignoring all the pain that shot all over my body. My hands went grabbing her towards me as she cried in my arms, unbelievably shaking as the sob wrecked through her body causing her to cough over and over again.

"What happened?" I asked again holding her tighter to my chest where she found safety. The tears fell on my skin, rolling down my skin with my chest bare. I held on to her as if my life depended on it. My lips came to her hair, staying there as she cried out so loud holding on like there was no tomorrow.

"They took her Klaus?"
"They....they..." she could not talk, chest moving up and down with such intensity. I held on tighter her words hitting me making me groan.

"Where are we? Did you see anyone?" I asked trying to get as much information from her but she could hardly breathe. I picked her up to me as she lay next to me while she cried. My mind was in havoc thinking of what to do? This had gone on for too long yet the mystery man still had not revealed himself.  I wracked my brain trying to come up with a strategy. We could not go down like this.

I held on tighter looking around the room, my eyes taking everything in sight.

"You were not there!" She said screaming as her tiny fists suddenly hitting hard on my chest.

"You left me! And now she is gone."

Fear and guilt hit me so hard I felt my heart break. I was not there, I had left thinking they were safe but obviously something had happened.

I wanted to say how sorry I was, wanted to scream and shout but words did not mean anything, they could not take back the hands of time, they could not undo what had already been done so I did not say them. I lay with her on my chest as she hit me only to give out and cry harder. Her pink sweater was torn, blood stains coating it, her body had been frail and bony, I was sure she had took her share of beatings and I could not help as I felt my heart clench.

The door flew open swinging with such intensity that it hit the wall leaving a dent behind. Two large guards walked in looking more feral than human, they seemed to be unhinges, something so wrong with them.

"Get up!" They said pulling Harley by her arm, dragging her down to the floor as I sat up watching the scene unfold. I could not show them how this affected me. She had obviously been captured to torture me but I would not give in, I loved her but in the end they would kill us both and a sacrifice had to be made.

Screams tore through the silence as she tried fighting, throwing her fists and kicking as they picked her up and held her. One of the men looked at me only to wink as he licked her neck causing her to gag. I spared her one last look before sliding down the bed and closing my eyes to sleep trying so hard to keep my heart at bay, my fist clenched only to unclenched as her cries got louder and louder.

"Klaus!" She screamed trying to fight, trying to get away.

I knew whoever was running the show was watching, I knew they watched, analysing how much she affected me, how much I cared. As hard as it was I had to flip the switch and turn my feelings off. One of the guards groaned loud, the sound followed by a loud clap and a scream.

"Look at her!" The man shouted to me as I snuggled deeper into my pillow, if you could call it that, eyes closed trying to conjure some sleep.

"Look at her!" He said as another slap echoed through the room, Harley heaving, sobs chocking her causing her to cough out loud.

"You won't be this calm when I take her in front of you after putting a bullet in that baby of yours, oohh wait, she is not really yours is she?"

My eyes opened as I clenched my teeth trying to stay calm but failing miserably. I wanted nothing than to smash his head against the wall but I held myself closing my eyes.

They are trying to get a reaction. I said to myself with doubt creeping in as the intensity of the situation crushed on me.

The door was shut with the sound of cries getting further and further away. I could not think, I could not sit nor lay still. Everything suddenly not certain, me not being sure where I stood and if my plan would be as thought. I took a deep breath trying to calm my heart but I could not.

Harley!

What shall I do?

Should I wait?

Everything seemed to be messed up at this point as the rug of surety suddenly pulled from my feet. I ran a hand through my hair telling myself to wait on what would happen next, let the cards play before I decided which card to play myself. With that being said I assessed my injuries seeing that I had a broken leg, rib and head fracture that left me with a throbbing headache that soon had my vision getting blurry, a dizzy spell leaving me undone as I sighed and closed my eyes only to be met by darkness.

I woke up in an instant only for my mind to register at the last minute as my body hit the floor leaving me to groan with every inch of my bandaged body screaming in pain. I clenched my teeth only to shake the pain away and look up to see six men surrounding me.

"Get up," one said taking out a taser. I could not help but throw my head and burst in laughter, you should have seen how they shook standing there, pushing each other on who should be the closest to me. I then realised that my cuffs had been taken off. I really wanted to tell them to relax as I was not going anywhere soon until I met the mastermind of this whole operation but seeing them this scared was just too much fun.

I stood up on my two feet, the sharp pain shooting through my leg going unnoticed by me as I had took it and used it as my strength to keep going. I walked on my two feet, Okay, I was limping really as my whole leg was in a cast. Each step taken was like a knife tearing through my leg up deep to the most buried cell in the brain. I took it in, holding on to it as for when I would explode, no one would be left to tell the tale.

"How long have I been here?" I asked them leading me out of the room into a dark hall. It had been clear long ago that wherever we were was underground. Silence filled the whole place with only our footsteps echoing all throughout the brick walls. My eyes never failed to pick up all the details, even the minor ones like how there were no surveillance at all, no guards nor cameras. What was happening here?

"You were out for two weeks, barely survived but don't worry, boss built you up only to gun you down." One said grinning to my left while a clap was heard a few seconds after.

"Why did you tell him that you stupid ass," another said after slapping the other one.

"All of you, shut up!" Another said shaking his head in frustration.

All of them were immature which meant whoever was running this thing had to hire new guns. It would make sense since I had slaughtered their whole army. I shook my head seeing how much of a flop this operation was but none the less I would wait for whoever was behind the curtain to show themselves.

We walked into a room which I guess was an interrogation room. The room was dimly lit with a steel table at the middle carrying different equipment which I was familiar with.

"Tie him to the chair," one said as a pair of hands held my hands tight, pushing me towards the chair that was just in front of the table. I sat there straddling my legs as they cuffed me behind the chair.

"Now, they said we were stupid and useless man. We were made for this."

"Shut up Makar before I kill you myself."

"You shut up just because you are older does not mean you should treat me like shit." Makar said pointing towards his older brother, I guess.

A fist was thrown towards Makar and soon the two were rolling on the floor exchanging blows, the older brother obviously winning.

I looked around the room seeing how everything seemed to be scrapped last minute meaning things were rushed and funds were low. It was to be expected as four months back I had drained their off shore account which I had gotten the account number from the warehouse that other afternoon. This was both good and bad news as it meant they were getting desperate thus lethal.

Shouts and groans filled the room adding to my already pounding head.

"Boys!" I shouted not being able to take their bickering no more.

"He started it!" It was Makar pointing a finger to his brother.

"I don't fuck'n care!" I roared in annoyance the room going still, everyone holding their breath.

"Now are we going to do something here or just fight like bitches?"

"The boss is on his way- wait, why are we answering him." One of the other said.

"That is because you are stupid," It was Makar again making me shake my head in defeat of such stupidity.

"You are the fuck'n stupid one, Micah, I will shoot this stupid ass brother of yours." The boy took out his gun pointing it at Makar who pulled out his own gun pointing towards this third guy.

I sighed shaking my head in shame of even being here. I mean what was this? I almost laughed thinking how Alejandro would tease me to no end about how we were chased around all year long by these stupid idiots, how shameful.

The fight had escalated now as the big brother had joined in pointing his gun to the third guy defending his younger brother.

" Shut up Bitch, you should be grateful you are still alive after stealing my mix tape and turning it up as yours, you puss head. " the older brother said causing me to look between the three idiots wanting to laugh but too irritated and disappointed to even be able to.

What was this crazy show? Maybe this was my torture really, maybe this was their plan but I could not help but think about all my time wasted, I even got a broken leg for crying out loud. All for this.

"I never stole your mix tape bruh, you better check your story before I blow you up."

"Are you calling me a liar dog?  Are you calling me a liar? Say it to my face, say it to my face."

Where did they get these guys?

"What are you going to do if I say it bitch, what are you going to do huh?" The third guy said waving his gun at the other's face pushing him with his chest.

Oohh God I can't take this.

"Shut up!" A roar so loud echoed from around the entrance all throughout the room sending the boys cowering away with all their heads bowed while I sat there, blood having run cold.

No!

It could not be!

The devil had left his tomb.

   AUTHORS NOTE
Guys, the guessing game is still on. Klaus is not a contender, definitely not him.
Confused are you? Well don't worry chapter 41 is coming with ground breaking discoveries, the shocking truth revealed with nothing else but to fight till the end.