Chapter 12

I searched for words, anything, but couldn't find any. I was struck by unholy thoughts that made my heart to drum hard in my chest. My feet did the work for me, they carried me to the man who was drop dead gorgeous. I swallowed hard, eyes glued on my sneakers before I finally got a grip on myself.

"Mo... Morning," my voice was shallow; my throat dry.

Klaus just nodded his head slightly as he wiped the beads of sweat on his perfect face with a black towel. I stood there shifting my weight from foot to foot looking anyway but him in the room trying to find anything interesting. The gym was huge with black punching bags hanging here and there from the ceiling, ten treadmills were lined up at the wall facing some screens then at the centre were all sorts of equipment. The floor was covered by a dark blue carpet, there was a fighting ring to my right with two doors next to it. It was fully equipped with mirrors covering the wall on my left giving out the reflection of the room.

"Valentino, grab gloves that could fit Miss Rosello." The guard that had been trailing me since I got here walked to one of the doors where he disappeared and came back in a few seconds carrying a pair of boxing black tiny gloves.

Valentino gave them to Klaus who held them in his hands before turning and staring right at me.
"I want you to be able to defend yourself, I am not saying my men will not protect you to their fullest but I also want you to be able to protect yourself and your baby if anything happens. " he said circling around my form with his hands on his back like a sergeant from the military viewing his trainee .

"Valentino show Miss Rosello how to fold a fist," Klaus said clearly and Valentino jumped in a stance his face looking like he would murder me right now. A chill went down my spine as I looked at the man next to me as he had his fists folded tightly, squatting just a little, His upper body straight, one leg in front of the other, and his eyes staring at me assessing weak points already just waiting to pounce on me. Klaus was slowly walking around us assessing.

"Harley, " Klaus said lowly yet clearly, I felt like I was in a military base really.

I tried squatting just a little, bending my knees a bit, one leg in front of the other, feeling the strain just seconds after, I brought my arms up folding my hands into tiny fists then I stared right at Valentino who stood as if this came naturally to him whilst on the other hand my fragile legs were already shaking slightly.

Out of nowhere I felt two large arms circling around my waist and upper chest trying to get my upper body to stand straight. I gasped and bit my lower lip not being used to being touched, the temperature rose to the roof in the room, my lower lip was quivering and I had to bite harder to hide it. His arms were strong and hard, his skin warm and soft as it came into contact with mine sending tiny sparks where he touched me. His hands left my body and I took a deep breath closing my eyes a little but then I felt his warm large hands on my skin, he pushed my arms upwards then withdrew his hands. He stood looking at me before walking around me, when he got in front of me he slapped my fist causing them to waver in the air, he shook his head and slapped them again causing them to waver again.

I took in a deep breath fighting the edge to voice out my discomfort. He shook his head again then slapped me again as my arms wavered again. He took a step back and turned to Valentino slapping his fist but it didn't waver, his arm was firm and strong. I held my arms to be stronger than they were. Beads of sweat tickling down my forehead, my thighs were killing the shit out of me along with my back.

Klaus walked back to me and I held a deep breath not sure what to do next.

"If it happens that you get to a point where you have to defend yourself don't go for the obvious. The person you will be fighting with will probably be stronger and have a lot experience than you so your only chance is to be smart, be smarter than him. Most of them will think you a spoilt girl who doesn't know how to kill a fly and that is good, let them think that then attack when you see that you have a great chance to get them down or kill them. Do not hesitate and trust your instincts no matter what. If you have a nagging feeling that someone is following you they probably are and don't freak out. Take a deep breath to cool your nerves and think, use your senses and concentrate in every situation. Now I want you to attack Valentino and if you succeed, we will be done for the day, know that once you move he will be senseless." Klaus said knocking the air out of me.