Chapter 17

Klaus's P. O. V

I walked out of the room, walked past the new guard posted there. I had sent Valentino back to training, I could not have my guards get out smarted by a tiny girl.  I took the elevator down, hands in my pockets crying hard to hide the rock hard erection. The doors of the elevator doors slide open and I walked out passing some of my guards who bowed their heads as I passed. I placed my finger on the scanner then punched my eight digit code before I bulged the door open.  I walked in my study and locked the door behind me. It was dark inside, the blinds keeping the light from shinning all over the room. I walked around the shiny chocolate desk and took a seat on the black leathery chair.  I closed my eyes and exhaled, running my hand through my neatly combed hair messing it up which I usually did not do; I liked my things to always be neat and clean.
Shaking my head I sat up and opened my laptop, I went through some files but my mind kept drifting off to a certain woman.  I missed the feel of her skin against mine,  I liked letting her sleep on my chest,  I liked watching her in her sleep,  I liked listening to her talk in her sleep or how she always kicked the blankets off her body whilst sleeping.

She was broken, she was fragile, and she was beautiful, kind and strong. I loved all that, my heart raced when she was near.  To be honest with myself I was fuck'n deeply in love with her and it scared me so much how much a human being can affect a person so much without even trying or realizing it.
I sat back, tapping my hand on the desk and remembered how she curled into me in her sleep, how she held on like I would disappear.  At that moment I realized how I would give up everything for her, realized that I would take a bullet for her happily.  She was the air I breathe. My heart ached as I thought of how she would ever feel anything for me,  would she be able to love the broken,  ruthless and the controlling bastard who was me,  would she accept and love my dark soul.

The sound of the phone ringing snapped me out of my train of thought and I shook my head before picking it up.

"Boss, the trackers have found a warehouse which seemed to be where they were planning their attacks." It was Alejandro on the end of the line.
"Any people in there?" I asked.

"Two men, " he replied.

"Take them for questioning, I will be there in twenty, send me the address." I said.

"Are you sure boss, the boys can handle it?"

"Yes," I said before cutting the line. It was not that I did not trust my men,  I had full trust in my team,  I was not the type to sit back while other people risked their lives on my dirty work,  I was hands on everything.  A real leader does not just sit back, hiding while shouting orders,  a leader shows everyone the way,  he inspires and motivates in this way the people who work for him will not hesitate to lay their lives for him,  work extra hours and perform to their most best as they know that he is also doing the same.

I stood up and went to my room to change into my fighting gear before calling for them to bring my car to the front.  When I was done dressing up I walked out of my room and passed Harley's room.  My feet came into a halt for a second before I walked off to the elevator.  I walked out in the first floor, the butler opened the door for me as he nodded, and I did the same then walked out.  The engine was running and the door was opened for me.  I walked around the car and as I was about to get in I just had the gut feeling to look up so I turned and my eyes locked with a pair of brown eyes.

My heart skipped a beat at the sight I saw; it was the woman who had waltzed into my life full force carrying the sweetest baby ever.  I stored that picture deep inside my head, my hands were quivering. With much difficulty I tore my eyes away from Harley and slipped in the car. I closed the door and drove off.  I speed off, both hands on the steering wheel holding on tightly to it until my knuckles turned white.  My heart was beating fast and the pumped me to accelerate the speed. It felt like the car was flying as I stepped on it.