FA:TS- Chapter 11

Chapter Eleven

The door to her hospital room opened and the two broke their kiss. Mark swallowed and moved off her bed. He took a seat next to her bed. To his surprise, Dawn had moved closer to him and away from the doctor.

Dawn looked at this man before her that was dressed like a doctor and felt that he looked familiar. She had been around for a while and thought that she just saw his father or a relative before. She just couldn't place where or when. She felt she really shouldn't trust this doctor.

"Well Miss...Darlene. The nurses tell me that you wish to be released. They also told me you have a severe phobia of hospitals."

Dawn was confused about the name the doctor called her. Mark saw this and leaned over to whisper in her ear suppressing a smile. "We don't know your last name so Angel Kat gave them my last name." Mark felt giddy with her having his last name.

"Let me take a quick look at you so you can leave, but I would recommend that you stay. A stab wound is a serious thing and not to be taken lightly." The doctor started to reach for Dawn and she scrambled closer to Mark. "I'm not going to hurt you my dear."

"I think she is afraid of doctors."

"I might have to sedate her with a mild sedative to examine her properly." The doctor moved away and went to the cabinets opening them up and withdrawing what he needed. He put something in his pocket before turning back to Dawn as Mark tried to sooth her.

Mark made Dawn look in his eyes as the doctor took her arm. She was about to turn when Mark held her head in his hands and the doctor stuck the needle in her arm. Dawn whimpered and jolted with the feel of the needle poking into her skin. She didn't like it at all.

Mark watched her eyes droop and she fell asleep. He helped to move her into a more comfortable position so the doctor could look at her. He wanted to get her out of here for her sake and to his place. There he could make her very comfortable.

The doctor started his normal routine of examining Dawn and glided around her bed as he did so. Mark stepped to the side but stayed close. He wanted to stay as close as he could for her. To sooth her even as she dreamed in her sleep.

Mark was surprised when the doctor spun around and stuck him with a needle in his neck pushing a sedative into him. Mark's eyes were wide with horror and surprise. The doctor just smirk. "I have been searching fifty long years for her. She was mine first and can never be yours." Mark slumped to the ground as he realized that the doctor was going to kidnap Dawn.

The doctor smirked as he knelt down. "We look good for being stuck in time huh? That's what happens when you fuck a virgin descendant of a god. Well, that's what her family thought they were. The first born who was a daughter is suppose to be the most powerful." He turned his head to look at Dawn. "She was the first in three generations born first. She is very special." He turned back to Mark who was slowly drifting and struggled to stay awake. "You know. I got to be the one to release her powers on her birthday. I took her against her will and she was exquisite." He tilted his head to the side. "Now you should sleep while I take back what's mine."

Mark couldn't stop his eyes from closing as the sedative took hold. The last thing he saw was the doctor picking Dawn up off the hospital bed. Her head hung down with her left arm as the doctor raised her up from the bed. A tear fell from Mark's eye as everything left him.

~~~~~

Patience paced back and forth in the waiting room. They were told that the doctor was seeing Dawn, and that was thirty minutes ago. She was getting worried that something was wrong.

Angel Kat touched her shoulder. "They are fine just have patience." Angel Kat giggled making Patience give a lopsided grin. That was their little joke about her name when she wasn't patient. Normally she was very patient except for the rare occasion she felt nervous or anxious about something. It usually turned out that something was wrong, but what could it b this time?

"It's just that I feel something is wrong." As she admit it out loud her eyes unfocused. She saw the doctor examining Dawn and then twist around to stick Mark. She watched as he fell and was forced to sleep. The doctor taking Dawn from her bed.

Patience's body fell backwards as she watched Dawn being taken away. Angel Kat caught her before she was fully on the floor. She had seen this before. Patience was having a sudden vision when something triggers her. Parro knelt down on the other side watching with Angel Kat.

Parro touched the second button of his earpiece after he put it on. "Marco here." The familiar voice of the night post at the command center.

"Parro. We have a situation. Be prepared to call everyone once I find out what Patience has seen. She's in the process of a vision."

"Roger that. Making the preparations now. Awaiting your orders."

Parro turned to Angel Kat who nodded her approval. Parro was a very good second-in-command. He knew when it was needed to start the process for a mission. He was very good at taking the reins when it was necessary. Angel even thought he would be an amazing leader on his own if he ever wanted the responsibility.

"No!" Patience sat up reaching in front of her wanting to grab onto what she had seen. The vision was awkwardly real to her. She blinked a few times then bolted down the hospital hall toward Dawn's room. She forced the door opened just to find the bed empty and Mark on the floor. She rushed to his side and pushed him on his back.

"Oh my god!" Angel Kat said as she reached the door and saw the room before her. She turned to Parro. "Dawn's been kidnapped."

Parro nodded and started to give commands into his earpiece. He was ordering for them to get the footage from the hospital. To start calling in the trackers from Patience's organization. Getting any available hands to help. He told them to make it a top priority.

Angel Kat went to the nurses' desk and told them what happened. They were shocked and started to find out which doctor went in to check on her. They got security to search for Dawn and the doctor. They were shaken that this happened here and with Angel Kat in the building.

Patience tried to wake Mark by tapping his cheek. She felt people come in and all but one came to Mark. The one went to the cabinet and found the vile of a sedative. He was heavily sedated by the doctor. The nurses and doctors thought it best that they put Mark on the bed and let the sedative wear off.

Patience suggested they take him to his place. Parro and Angel Kat both agreed and made arrangements to get Mark back to his condo. Thank god he gave her a new key to his place for just such an occasion.

Parro carried Mark when they got him to Mark's place. Patience helped to make him comfortable as she felt responsible for not seeing it in time. But she couldn't fully blame herself. She wasn't given the vision till after it had already occurred. Its only happened a few times that such an event has occurred.

Mark laid on his bed on top of the covers. Patience sat on the window seat looking out at the city as Darius sat behind her and held her. He had gotten to the hospital before they were moving Mark to his place. Patience filled Darius in on everything that happened.

No one could track down the doctor that had gone into the room. He had only been at that hospital for a month and kept to himself from what they found out. On farther research, the name the doctor was going under was a false name. He didn't exist. Not on paper anyways. They're still trying to track him down and find any information about the doctor. So far no luck.

~