FA: TS- Chapter 16

Chapter Sixteen

"I'm confused and scared." Dawn whispered into Mark's ear causing him to tighten his hold on her. Her voice shook and trembled. She placed her forehead on his shoulder. She had felt cold before, but now she felt fine.

"Everything is alright. You're perfectly fine now." He buried his hand in her hair loving the feel of it. His other hand was rubbing her back trying to sooth her.

They stayed like that for some time. When someone tried to touch her, she would cringe away. Mark had to tell everyone to give them time alone. She had been through so much and needed to feel safe. Right now she felt safe in his arms.

Mark lifted her up and took her to his bed to make sure she was comfortable. He tore the comforter away seeing the blood on it. He didn't want that reminder for either of them. He just let the comforter fall to the floor in a messy heap. He would deal with it later.

He laid Dawn down on the bed and laid beside her. They held each other not showing they want to let go. Ever. She needed to feel the comfort from him and he needed to just have her in his arms. To feel she has actually been rescued from that bastard from her past.

They laid staring at each other. Time seemed to not exist for them. The sun rose but they paid no mind. It just made his heart skip a beat when the light shined on her skin and hair. She shimmered like her skin was made of the tiniest diamonds the color of her skin. She was a jewel now. Shining and glittering.

He smiled as he looked at her. She was how he had seen her that day. She just needed to be taken out of the shadows and into the light. Let her shine brightly for the first time in so long.

Dawn couldn't help but smile at him. She had told herself fifty years that she couldn't smile or be happy. But she was happy, wasn't she? He was making her feel happy. She closed her eyes as tears of happiness fell down her cheeks and she smiled.

"Hey now. Don't cry." Mark started to wipe the tears from her cheeks. He was worried that something was wrong. That she was hurting from what happened.

She stopped his hand as she opened her eyes after she gave his hand a sweet kiss. "They're not sad tears. I just can't believe it."

"Believe what?"

"I'm happy." She placed a hand over her mouth and started to giggle and sob at the same time. Her emotions were taking her over which was scaring her too.

Mark was shocked but smiled at what she had just confessed to him. It must be something for her to feel happy. "And why are you happy?" He wanted to know. He wanted to hear the words from her mouth.

She moved closer to him and snuggled up to his chest. She looked up to find him watching her with interest. She placed her lips to his ear. "You."

"Me? Why am I the reason you're happy?" He couldn't deny that he loved hearing her say he was why she was happy. That it was him that made the light shine for her. He just didn't know how he could have done it for her.

Dawn smiled as she graced her lips against his making him sigh. "You cared for me so much that you wanted to rescue me. You could have just left me to him, but you didn't. You came and fought for me."

Mark held her face in his hands. "I had to save you. I don't feel lost with you near me. I have never felt like this for anyone before. I didn't even feel this way with my ex. Not like this. I feel whole with you."

"I never thought it was possible for me to feel anything but betrayed and cursed."

"Will you tell me what happened fifty years ago?"