FA: TS- Chapter 19

Chapter Nineteen

After everyone finished eating, Patience and Keith bid their farewells and left Mark and Dawn alone. Mark thought that it would be best just to stay there in his place. They sat on his couch watching a movie. Mark was smiling because Dawn rested on his shoulder.

He didn't know when it happened, but he feel asleep holding her hand. He hadn't had but a few hours of sleep in the past few days. With everything that happened, how could he sleep? First he was beyond concerned for Dawn when she was kidnapped right from in front of him. Then she was finally found and safe in his arms. He couldn't possibly sleep when he finally had her back.

Dawn heard the soft rhythmic breathing and felt his breathe caress her hair. She looked up to see Mark fast asleep holding her on the couch. She yawned when realized she too was tired.

She smiled when the living room faded and everything turned into the bedroom. The back of the couch vanished and Mark fell back onto the cushiony bed. His legs draped over the edge of the bed. Dawn sleepily moved away and sank to the floor. Mark still had his shoes on and she worked to get them off. She huffed with each shoe because she could feel sleep tugging at her.

Once Dawn got his shoes off, she lifted up and pulled him till his head rested on a pillow. She started to move away from him when his hand came around her waist holding her to him. She felt too tired to fight, so she just got into a better position and fell to sleep.

Mark woke the next morning feeling refreshed and confused a little. He was in his bed. His shoes were off. But then he jolted up and looked around. He didn't see Dawn anywhere. He started to panic.

Mark scrambled out of bed and then stopped. The shopping bags Patience brought had been gone through. There was a small pile of the clothes she was wearing folded neatly beside the bags. She had changed while he slept. He wondered how long she has been up.

His ears caught the sound of plates hitting the counter and he smelled something so delicious in the air. He smiled thinking she was cooking them breakfast. He liked that she was making herself at home here with him. That she wasn't going anywhere else.

He sighed and took a shower. He groaned when he smelt coffee as he toweled off. He thought it was the sweetest smell next to Dawn's in the whole world. He changed into a fresh t-shirt and jeans.

He smiled as he saw Dawn at the stove with her back to him. A stack of pancakes next to her. "Morning." He greeted her as he walked into the kitchen.

Dawn looked over her shoulder, blushed, and then turned back. "Good morning." She whispered loud enough for him to hear.

"You didn't have to cook." Though he loved seeing her like this.

She bit her lip. "I didn't want you to cook for me again." She looked at the table. There were plates with bacon and sausages. Fluffy eggs. Fruit. And so much more. When she started, she couldn't stop.

"Where did you get all the food? Last I checked, I seriously needed to go shopping."

Dawn turned off the stove and walked with the plate of pancakes to the table. "I went out." Her shoulders drooped a bit. "I don't have my apartment anymore. The landlord rented it out after I didn't show back up after the robbery. I had to sneak in to retrieve my stash of money which I used to go grocery shopping."

He walked up and pulled her into his arms. "I'm sorry to hear that. You can stay here as long as you want. Forever if you wish."

She sighed and stepped out of his arms looking down. "That's sweet, but I don't want to burden you."