FA:TS- Chapter 23

Chapter Twenty-three

Dawn held onto Mark's arm tightly as they entered the restaurant Roman Oasis. She was very nervous seeing her brother again. Some of her nerves dimmed with Keith's expression at the salon after she changed into her dress. He flopped down on his styling chair and flamboyantly fanned himself. She was giggling even with Mark not there. Keith was happy to get her to giggle when she was without Mark.

Roman Oasis was a beautiful, expensive Italian restaurant. There were palm trees and real grape vines inside the restaurant. The grapes were even nearly ripe for the picking as they lined the completely windowed wall along one side of the restaurant.

As the pristinely dresses host escorted them to their table, Dawn saw Stephan nervously fiddling with a small package. His attire was more refined then what he was wearing the other day in the park. His heavily light grey hair was lightly gelled back from his face.

Dawn wanted to sigh when she noticed Stephan was all alone. He wanted to met her by himself and not overwhelm her. He was looking out for her as he knew she was already frightened as it was. He was just making it easier for her.

"Here you are. Your server will be right with you."

Stephan snapped his head up from the package and rose from his seat. He smiled nervously as he looked at his sister. She looked so beautiful. He didn't notice how her hair and skin shimmers at the park. He just saw her and recognized her. He only felt the longing to see and touch his sister again.

"You look splendid Dawnie." He started to walk around the table to her, but stop. Dawn had taken a step back which made Mark tighten his hold. Stephan resided to the fact that she wasn't ready for such a greeting. Instead of going to hug her, he went to a chair and pulled it out for her.

Dawn relaxed at seeing Stephan's gentlemanly gesture. She walked over and thanked him as she sat down in the seat he held out for her. Stephan smiled at this. It was at least a small step for her to take.

Both Mark and Stephan took their seats and told their female server their drinks when she showed. Stephan took a breathe and presented the gift to Dawn. "I know it's not much, but I wanted to give you something as a thank you for coming to dinner with me."

She timidly took it and opened the small present. Inside rested a silver necklace that looked strong and delicate. She didn't know how she felt about the gift. She hasn't been given any gifts in so long.

She looked up and breathed passed the tears that were trying to well up under the surface. Mark took her hand in his giving it a squeeze. "Would you like for me to put it on you." She nodded to Mark because she couldn't speak when her throat had closed up like it had from all the emotions she was feeling.

Mark smiled as he rose and knelt down behind her after he picked up the necklace. He delicately slid the necklace around her neck after he moved her hair to the side. He couldn't help loving the feeling of her hair.

Stephan grinned at watching the two. He could tell they liked each other greatly. "How long have you two been together?"

Dawn blushed and Mark chuckled a little that she was blushing as he took his seat again. "Not long. Officially only a few days, but she's had me the moment I saw her." Dawn shyly bowed her head smiling.

She looked at Stephan. "Thank you for the necklace." She petted it as it rested along her collarbone. "You didn't have to give it to me."

"Yes I did. I wanted to make up for all the birthdays I missed. And there's a lot." He chuckled.

Dawn looked down and then rose from her seat. "I'm going to the restroom." Mark worried she was about to run by the look on her face. He reached out for her and caught her arm. Dawn looked to him. "Don't worry. I won't." Mark sighed as he let her go.