Chapter 3.

i couldn't help but think if anyone noticed i was gone. my mom is probably to mad to notice. my stomach rumbled, i hadn't eaten anything for awhile. i was scared i did understand how penny new all of the rules we were captured at the same time. maybe when i was passed out jerry the joker had told her everything she needed to know so she was safe. i knew one thing and that was i am going to get out of here. i will try to get penny out with me. jerry looks a little suspicious so i need to watch my back with him. he acts like he's perfectly fine and willing to be in the circus.

Morning finally came and my eyes were red from staring at the ceiling all night. i heard a loud screech it was the intercom turning on i heard the showman saying,"get up losers i lost a poker bet and two elephants last night and i am not in the mood to hear your whining today. get on your cleaning jumpers and start cleaning in the hoops room. this whole place better be spotless or you all get to spend the night in the lions pit." the intercom screeched again as it shut off. penny grabbed two uniforms and handed one to me i put everyone faced opposite directions when we changed into uniform.

i was handed a sponge and a bucket of soapy water. penny had a animal scrub soap and a giant sponge. lerry had a rake and a bow of trash bags. his job was to clean out all of the hay on the ground and the leaves outside. penny's job is to wash all of the animals and there cage. my job is to wash the bleachers and the floor after. i spilled my bucket in the dirt were all of the hay was raked up.  the showman walked out in a robe and a cup of coffee in ripped bunny slippers. he yelled at me and penny to clean harder. when he walked away he dumped his coffee on the ground right in front of me. 

when we were finally done the show man asked jerry to talk in private. that's when i quickly told penny " penny we went to school together in high school remember we are best friends kidnapped on the same day remember?" penny looked at her and smiled then said " i know but we have to pretend we don't know each other around jerry or he will kill us both. we can get out through the window but we would have to do it tomorrow when the showman calls jerry in to have a private talk." they both agreed and cleaned up our mess to get ready for dinner.