chapter 10

It was time to practice for our next performance. He had me work with the lions and focused on Jerry and penny. Jerry flipped her into the air and almost dropped her. Jerry could barely catch himself. Penny pushed off of her bar and twirled she couldn't reach jerry's hand and fell. She broke through the net and landed on the cement ground. She fell thirty feet down. And landed on her knees.

I raced over to her as fast as I could. She was screaming in pain, I yelled at the showman as he laughed " you did this on purpose didn't you. She needs medical attention now!!!! Help her please. You can do anything you want to me just help her,please. " I balled until he gave she had the same look on her face when her fire boyfriend broke up with her. The only difference was she was screaming.  He told Jerry to get a bucket of ice, bandages, and crutches. Jerry came back and iced her knees. After a while he wrapped them from the top down to her ankles. At that moment I had lost the little hope I had.

I couldn't think strait any more. All of my thoughts and feelings just blew up at once. I blew up and screamed, I tried to track the showman but he whipped me with a metal chain I punched him unroll he fell to the ground and was helpless. Jerry pulled me off of him and yelled. " stop your going to get killed if you don't stop" he yelled it like he had done the same thing.

Jerry helped penny up, the showman got up and slapped me across my face. It felt like he shoved my face onto a hot pan. He pulled out a gun and shot one of the seats. At that's moment I thought I was next but instead he sent me to the room. Jerry told me I had gotten lucky. He probably would have shot me if it wasn't for Jerry.