Chapter 12

it was finally our last performance for the month. we had a backpack full of waters that i would carry so that jerry could carry penny. he was pretty tough for a man whos been locked up for ever. it was around 9 AM when we started getting ready for the performance. i asked jerry "what is the first thing you will do when you get out?" he replied quickly "eat ice cream with all of my family, and visit my girlfriends grave since the showman took her perfectness from this world.what about you?" i said " i am going to my boyfriend at school. he has a car he can take me home since i can't walk 30 minutes from school to home." penny had just woke up, she was excited too. she pulled out her performance outfit and quickly got ready. 

she tried to get up jerry ran over to her and sat her back down. he was really strong he said he can carry anything less than 250 pounds. he will have a bag of water on his back and a 121 pound girl in his arms. i wanted to carry her but i only weigh 110 pounds. the showman came in he had a sapphire  whip. he slapped us each till we had gotten into position. if we didn't behave we would miss our chance to get out. he would make us do extra chores if we misbehaved. we all got into a straight line and marched out into a giant crowd. he announced each of us as we waved and got into our positions. the music started up as a bright lite slowly moved up to the top of the trapeze, where jerry and penny were sitting.

 they waved and as soon as the beat of the song started they moved around a little they flew through the air it was twenty minutes long but it felt like a dream that never ended. until it ended. jerry and penny sat together on top of the trapeze. my song started as i walked out from under the tent. i slowly walked up the stairs.  the light was at my feet. i had my head down as i pull out my whip. it snape's at the crowd as the light raises to my head. i had my left hand at the tip of my hat.i walked over to the lion cage like a model. i hit the cage with my whip. the lions roared. i smiled with an evil flare as i open up the gate to there cage. each of them walked in a straight line out to the middle of the ring. i tried my hardest not to hit them but the whip was too long. my performance was at least a half an hour long. the lights went off and i quickly climbed up to the top of the tightrope. the light went on and we all bowed and jumped off into a pool of water. their were small tunnels that led to the other side of the curtain. jerry and i pulled penny along.

when we all got into our room the showman came back and congratulated us and said to stay in our rooms for the rest of the night and not to make a peep. we planned on doing so. we finally found the address of the circus and there next show so the kidnapper can get what he deserves. we changed out of our costumes and put on shoes. jerry got his bag and stood at the window waiting. the sound of a big loading truck finally came through jerry grabbed the stick and was ready to take action. it had been 5 minutes and the truck had just left. we waited a little longer so that we wouldn't get caught. jerry lifted up the door. "Ashlee go through" he whispered. i put my self through face first and crawled out. the door creaked, we didn't worry yet. a metal staff echoed down the hallway the showman was coming jerry through penny out the window and the supply bag. he put his foot out the door and "bang".....